x

How to restrict Square Appointments scheduling to only certain dates?

I am trying to limit appointment booking to certain dates only for a special event. How do  Ichoose dates, when setting up appoinments scheduler in Square cash?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@Meganswanson - There isn't currently a way to do this. 😕  I can definitely see how this would be a useful feature though!

As for how to block out time, when you navigate to the Calendar tab of your Appointments Dashboard, you have the option to Create Appointment. Once selected, if you look towards the center right, you'll see Personal Event. You can use this feature to block out available time. Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Won’t work for everyone, but you can set services to a specific employee so I adjust their schedule to what I need. I.e. Alterations only on wednesdays so the seamstress’s schedule is only set to Wednesdays 👍

Message 22 of 27

Ooooh this is a really cool workaround BUT I don't have any staff, and when I set up a dummy to try to make this happen, it told me I had to accept an upgrade. Square should provide a free additional staff member for this reason, but it doesn't look like they really care about service or functionality 😞 

Message 23 of 27

December 2022 and I'd still love to be able to have this feature please! Thanks a bunch!

Message 24 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding your voice to this request, @LokLovin! We're still passing on the feedback we receive for this feature to our team for consideration. 

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋  

Message 25 of 27

Yep, we also need to be able to limit some services to certain days. Adding another Team member just for this add too much calendar overhead (double the team members means double the calendars, double the personal calendars, double the emails, etc) just for a couple of extra services. Please implement this request everyone is asking for. 

Message 26 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your interest in this request. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Appointments. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 27