x

How to rotate the customer display on square register

Hi, hope all is well. One incredibly frustrating yet seemingly easy fix is allowing the square register customer screen(and I mean the image in the screen not the physical screen itself) to be rotated 180 degrees. It already does it when the screen is plugged directly into the register! However when you remove the display and connect it with the cable, it flips the image 180 degrees. This is because Square expects  you to lay the customer screen on the counter in a certain orientation because of the Chip reader protruding from the back. Unfortunately that means the customer has to place the card in in the most unintuitive manner into the reader. 99% of the time the customer has to hold up the line trying to figure out that the card needs to be inserted the other way. Please allow the image to be rotated 180 degrees, I have created a stand that will allow me to flip the display 180 degrees so that inserting the card is more intuitive, now I just need the image to flip so that the text is upright. It already does so when plugged in!! Make it an option in settings, I beg! And in the future I advise making your card reader work regardless of which direction it’s inserted!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

This is a really great suggestion & request, @SimonesKitchen !

I really hope Square adds this!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 6

We also struggle with the chip reader being "upside down" when the customer display is not attached to the register.  If the device had a chip reader on each side of the slot (like it does for magnetic stripe reading), the card could be inserted either way.  It would be really great to not have to explain which way the card goes into the device hundreds of times per day.  Adding a comment in hopes Square gets this message.

Message 3 of 6

The stand I have to mount it to requires me to invert the customer display. Please add this as an option 

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to add your feedback here @Ginkhao & @Emmorton. I'll pass your feedback on to our hardware team for consideration! 

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Just in case you hadn't noticed, Square did implement a "Flip Screen" toggle for Register (Not sure When).

Just go into the hardware settings, and FLIP!

Message 6 of 6