x

How to set the buzzer (kitchen bell) to work with printer STAR 654II?

Hello.

I use Star 654II as a kitchen printer and want to setup buzzer to make sound when order ticket sent to a printer. Is it possible with Square?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

That's an interesting request that I haven't heard before. 

While it's not something that's built in as a feature with Square, there might be a workaround or setup that's being used by a fellow restaurant owner. 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in and help out. 

Message 2 of 6

Was this ever answered I’m looking to do the same thing 

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hey there @Maplepro

As EJ mentioned, this is not a built in feature with Square but I'll be sure to pass your idea along to our Product Team. Thanks for checking back! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Alumni

@Maplepro - back again!

I know you mentioned having a STAR 654II printer, but I found a thread where a Seller was able to install an audible chime when an order came thru using a Star TSP100 wireless printer.

Not sure it this can be done with the 600 series but feel free to tag the seller in your post to pick their brain! 

I hope this helps 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

Sorry, @JustinC  - We bought the TSP100 wireless printer and the buzzer, and there appears to be no way to do it without @Square support. His success was with a 700 series printer. From Star Micronics to me:

"After further digging our records unfortunately indicate that Square does not support the use of a Buzzer thought they do support the use of a Cash Drawer. Please note that Square controls the use of the DK port. Unfortunately, the Square application has complete control over how the printer functions and there are not changes to the memory switch's that can provide a back door to override this. 

Although Star’s products are integrated with hundreds of different software applications, it is ultimately the app’s decision which specific Star products to support. To receive the most accurate information, I would suggest contacting Square directly regarding their support of the Ticket Alarm."

SO, will Square get with it and implement a fix for this after years of customers wasting time and money with this issue?
Lucky Thai
Message 6 of 6