x

How to set tip to dollar amounts

Might you consider adding an option other than "custom tips", to allow for tips on charges over $10 to be calculated in exact dollar amounts rather than in percentages only?

I'd prefer to set my tips in even dollar amounts for the convenience, but my charges are never less than $50 and I don't prefer "custom tip"s.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for bringing this up, @KyntheByn!

I'll be happy to surface your post with our Point of Sale Team. So that I can offer them a bit more insight, can you reply with a little be more about your business and why it's helpful to round to the dollar for tipping?

Appreciate your patience as we do make iterations based on seller feedback. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

I absolutely agree. I offer a higher end service & I don’t want my clients to feel the need to have to add an additional 20% on top. But I do like to accept tips and clients also would like to tip. So if I could set tip amounts for $5, $10, $15 — that would really help them be able to tip on a higher priced service without it feeling like they’re breaking the bank to give an little extra “thank you” for good service. 

Message 3 of 8

I provide a wellness service for a company that offers at a discount

Message 4 of 8

I'm a vendor at a large company, contracted to provide wellness service to its employees, who pay me directly for the service I provide. Having the capability to add a dollar amount rather than a percentage for my clients to quickly select would be convenient and time-saving. 

Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Any update on this? We also prefer dollar amounts to %. It's easier for our clients and our stylists when they don't have to dig change out of the cash drawer for services that are only whole dollar amounts. Seems like this should be a really easy option??

Message 6 of 8

So has anyone figured out how to do dollar amount for tips instead of percentage? Or at least allow me to do a decimal percentage to make my percentage an even number?

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in Dollar tipping amounts @MMbarber518 I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8