x

How to set view only permissions for team members?

It would be nice if you could provide independent contractors read only permissions for items and inventory. 

If I hire a contractor to help move product, they should be able to view my items and categories. 

I don’t understand why I can only give them edit permissions. I don’t want them editing item names, inventory or renaming an item. 

It just makes sense to me that they should be able to view an item and inventory without having permissions to make changes. 

Am I missing something? I have several contractors who login to square using their own username and password but they can only see items listed in the library and the search function does not pull up all of the items. I have many items sorted under categories and many of those items just don’t show up when searching, so allowing them to see the categories and click on an item that way would be very helpful.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Super_Stringer!

I went to check with our Team Management folks and they're tracking this request. I can't access and share out a specific timeline for view-only permissions right now, but please do keep watch for notifications as we continue to iterate based on seller feedback.

Appreciate your patience, and please let us know if any other questions come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

Thanks for the update Tom. I would think this request could benefit a large portion of square businesses. Hopefully its relatively simple to integrate and the team can get to it quickly.

i’m working on a potential solution using an API to display the data on a webpage, but its not the ideal solution and it certainly won’t be as user friendly since they would have to leave the app, check inventory and then process a transaction. 

The other issue with this work around would be the issue of real time tracking. 

Message 3 of 3