x
Beta Member

How to setup a sale on the website and test it?

Hi all;

I want to setup a sale on my website. I'm not sure how to do this. I have setup a Discount with a time period through the inventory management and i want this to show up on the website to the items i have applied it to. I would like to test this out prior to going live. Any ideas how to do this?

or is this even the right way to do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @seckley 👋

Discounts you create through the Square dashboard or Square apps, will not sync to your Square Online store yet. This is a feature that is forth-coming, and should be in the testing stages soon. You can even request to join the Beta program to see if your account is eligible to test this and other features. 😊

For now, you would need to setup your discounts using coupons for the online store

To create a coupon in Square Online:

• From your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Coupons or Shared Settings > Coupons.
  • Select Add Coupon.

As far as testing goes, you won't be able to test the full checkout from the preview page. Some functions, like checking out, will only work on the live site. Per Square terms of service, you should also not use your own credit card to place a practice order.

If you really want to test the full customer experience, I recommend creating 100% off coupon for yourself. This would allow you to add an item to the cart, then essentially place a zero dollar order so that you could 1. test the coupon flow, and 2. receive an order confirmation email. 

Hope this helps you out! Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks BernadettA! That was super helpful. I got everything setup and my Black Friday sale is active. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Awesome! Glad to hear, and best wishes with your upcoming sale! ❤️

Message 4 of 4