x

How to stop Square app from signing me out?

I have to take payments while I do not have wifi or data service on my phone. About half of the days I try to do this, the Square app signs me out and I can't sign back in because of lack of service, so I can't take payments. Is there a way I can keep this from happening?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nathen and welcome to the Community.

There's unfortunately not a way to turn off the auto timeout feature but you could stay logged in if you're taking payments in Offline Mode via the Settings.

The only thing with offline mode is you won't know if payments have declined or not and the payments won't upload until you're back in WiFi but it does keep you logged in. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

SERIOUSLY?!?!!!!! "...you won't know if payments have declined or not and the payments won't upload until you're back in WiFi but it does keep you logged in. "

ABSOLUTELY NO MENTION OF THIS WHEN YOU SIGN UP! YET ANOTHER WAY SQUAREUP JUST WANTS YOU TO SIGN UP AND STEAL YOUR MONEY!  You would think that squareup is owned by ticketmaster the way they RIP YOU OFF AND LIE!!!!!

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @NaturalWineGuy

We are sorry about any confusion there has been with offline payments. But that is the caveat with using offline mode. How can we know if it declines if there is no wifi? In order to use Square to operate functionally you need wifi, so if you don't have it then it won't operate as it normally should.  Most sellers utilize their hotspot on their phone if their wifi is not working, and that is a great option when this occurs. Again we understand this I frustrating when payments do decline and essentially you lost that money but that is a risk you take with offline mode. All this information is outlined in the support article

Message 4 of 4