x

How to verify domain with Facebook/Instagram?

I am in the process of setting up Instagram Shopping. I need to verify the domain with Facebook, and they've supplied a number of methods: updating the DNS TXT record, uploading an HTML file, or a meta-tag verification. Can someone show me how to do any of these with the square/weebly interface?

Message 1 of 64
3 Best Answers

Best Answer

Go to square — website — integrations — shopping and there add the phrase given you in 3rd method of verification on Facebook ( meta name ) 

press add to body and add

This will verify your domain 

Then go to Square — website— Instagram and set up Instagram shopping 

Hope this will help

Take care 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 64

Best Answer

I know this has been answered already BUT I just figured this out for myself today using @lacherieseattle 's method. Since the website updates and changes frequently it goes like this now:

Goto Square - Website - Integrations - Scroll to the bottom and it'll have an option for you to add a custom header code to your website. This is where you'll copy and paste the meta tag verification code given to you by Facebook/Instagram and once you add it, it should easily verify your website for Instagram shopping within seconds!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this answer!

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 64

Best Answer

Just found this--- it worked for me after struggling with it for awhile. Hope this helps:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6877-connect-your-square-online-store-to-facebook

View Best Answer >

Message 60 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Can anyone help with this? Is there anyone at Square I can contact for help with this?

Message 2 of 64
Admin

Hey @bradblackman- Thanks for reaching out.

@isabelle goes over how to update your DNS settings here. I'm not familiar with a meta-tag verification, but if that's also something you need to have taken care of after you go through the DNS steps, let me know and I'll see what I can find out from our API team.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 64

I have purchased a Personal account, set up a subdomain (shop.bradblackman.com) and updated the DNS records on my site's cpanel. It's still coming up empty when I try to load the site, and I set this up Sunday evening (it's Thursday morning now). Am I missing something?

Message 4 of 64
Square Community Moderator

Hello @bradblackman

Can you please try to unpublish/republish your site. Seems like this can be happening because your SSL Certificate is not activated. 

Let me know if this works?

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 64

Best Answer

Go to square — website — integrations — shopping and there add the phrase given you in 3rd method of verification on Facebook ( meta name ) 

press add to body and add

This will verify your domain 

Then go to Square — website— Instagram and set up Instagram shopping 

Hope this will help

Take care 

Message 6 of 64

Thanks for stepping in to offer your helpful tips, @lacherieseattle! We appreciate you! 😇

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 64

can this be done without owning a domain?

I just want to make my Instagram posts clickable?

Message 8 of 64

Hey @lacherieseattle,

Here's a guide from the Support Center that should help!

It doesn't look like a custom domain is one of the requirements- just a domain!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 9 of 64

Thank you @lacherieseattle  for the information on verifying with Facebook.  This is what I was looking for and it worked perfectly!  

Message 10 of 64
Beta Member

Thank you after months you have taken me right to what I needed.  thank you thank you thank you

Message 11 of 64

I am still having tons of problems after 6 hours of trying different things. everything on facebook side shows as good except the weebly site verification which i cant fix. and all of my inergrations for fb and ig act like they are not connected via square when looking from the square side. 

Message 12 of 64
Admin

Hey @eddiewright!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

Sorry to hear that this set up has been such a headache! What's your URL?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 13 of 64

I'm also having problems verifying my companyname.square.site domain with Facebook as they are requiring all domains to be verified for the ios 14 update.  Is this not possible to verify since we are sellers and don't actually own the square.site domain?

Message 14 of 64

i'm having the same issue and hoping for a solution too...

Message 15 of 64

hello...i have tried to follow your instructions but when i click on integrations there is no option of shopping...what am i missing?

thanks

lindsay

Message 16 of 64

When your Instagram, Facebook and Qsuare are all connected, you verified your domain, and created a catalog of your goods on Facebook, you should go to Instagram business and request online shopping option, they will check if everything is up to their standards and confirm or decline your request. 

Message 17 of 64
Beta Member

Instagram declined me and I a don’t understand why.  My Facebook is all setup and connected for e-commerce 

Message 18 of 64

What about your catalog?

it has to have at least 5 items from my experience in it

prices should match the website and there should be direct link from the item on Facebook to the website page. 

Message 19 of 64

Same here. It tells me I may not met all requirements without giving any further detail. Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 12.34.45 PM.png

Message 20 of 64

Frustrating isn't it?

Message 21 of 64