x

How to verify domain with Facebook/Instagram?

I am in the process of setting up Instagram Shopping. I need to verify the domain with Facebook, and they've supplied a number of methods: updating the DNS TXT record, uploading an HTML file, or a meta-tag verification. Can someone show me how to do any of these with the square/weebly interface?

Message 1 of 64
3 Best Answers

Best Answer

Go to square — website — integrations — shopping and there add the phrase given you in 3rd method of verification on Facebook ( meta name ) 

press add to body and add

This will verify your domain 

Then go to Square — website— Instagram and set up Instagram shopping 

Hope this will help

Take care 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 64

Best Answer

I know this has been answered already BUT I just figured this out for myself today using @lacherieseattle 's method. Since the website updates and changes frequently it goes like this now:

Goto Square - Website - Integrations - Scroll to the bottom and it'll have an option for you to add a custom header code to your website. This is where you'll copy and paste the meta tag verification code given to you by Facebook/Instagram and once you add it, it should easily verify your website for Instagram shopping within seconds!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this answer!

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 64

Best Answer

Just found this--- it worked for me after struggling with it for awhile. Hope this helps:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6877-connect-your-square-online-store-to-facebook

View Best Answer >

Message 60 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

yes, i have done that but here is the problem:

my google domain is verified

catalog is up to date

BUT instagram is asking me to verify a weebly domain...i don't know why...

here is what i have discovered in the meantime: if i type in the weebly address they are trying to get me to verify it goes to my google domain which in turn is directed to my square site...

is weebly associated to square? how do i add the weebly to go to my site?

a mouthful i know but i have an adhd brain 🙂

any help at all is much appreciated...

Message 22 of 64

I'm looking at integrations on my square site but can't find anything that says shopping... What exactly am I looking for?

Message 23 of 64

I tried this but I don't see INTEGRATIONS anywhere on the Square - Online - Website - (there is only Edit Site, SEO, Form Submissions, and Site Visibility.)

So I'm stuck, and all I need to do is verify my domain for fb/ig....been trying to figure this out for over an hour now 😞

Message 24 of 64

Hey!! I read other comments and found it go to square-online- settings- tracking tools- add a new code then you can place the meta thing there!!

F. Leigh
Message 25 of 64

Yay! Thanks! 🙂 

Message 26 of 64
Square Community Moderator

Let us know if anything else comes up, @anne82! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 27 of 64

Where are you all finding integrations it’s not on mine unless I’m in the wrong place but I’m sure I’m not. 

F. Leigh
Message 28 of 64

Hello, I'm not seeing integrations or shopping when I click on website, I do have the verification from Facebook but on my square account I can't find integrations HELP PLEASE

Message 29 of 64

Hey you have to go to square, online, settings, tracking tools, then add a new code then there’s a place where  you can place the meta thing. 

F. Leigh
Message 30 of 64

Thank you very much for the details I am now verified!

Message 31 of 64

WHERE IS INTERGRATION? I CANT FIND IT WHEN I DROP DOWN WEBSITE TAB I DONT SEE 

Message 32 of 64

Hey @DRESSCODE,

There's been a few changes in the Square Online Dashboard, so you can now find this by heading to Settings > Tracking Tools > Add new Code. Here's what it looks like on the dashboard for reference:

I hope this helps! 

Message 33 of 64

There is no DNS where you said to go.

Message 34 of 64

Hello @Bevie and welcome to the Seller Community

Can you share your custom domain here so I can help point you in the right direction? In order to access DNS and verify a Domain, you will need to own a custom domain.

JJ
Message 35 of 64

What is a custom domain? Square says I can use Facebook and Instagram shopping with the free domain.

Message 36 of 64

A custom domain is a personalized domain (something that doesn't include "square.site") I recommend reaching out to our eCommerce team. Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 37 of 64

bevsdesigns.com

Message 38 of 64

@Bevie

Our Support team would be able to look into this with you! When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

They have the ability to log in to your account alongside you to guide you step-by-step, as some of the options on the dashboard have changed since this thread was last updated. 

You can also check out the instructions in this article

Thank you!

Frances
Message 39 of 64

Best Answer

I know this has been answered already BUT I just figured this out for myself today using @lacherieseattle 's method. Since the website updates and changes frequently it goes like this now:

Goto Square - Website - Integrations - Scroll to the bottom and it'll have an option for you to add a custom header code to your website. This is where you'll copy and paste the meta tag verification code given to you by Facebook/Instagram and once you add it, it should easily verify your website for Instagram shopping within seconds!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this answer!

Message 40 of 64
Admin

Thanks for sharing @jaiawinter! ❄️ 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 41 of 64

I don't have the integrations as a choice. Do you know of any other way to do this?

Message 42 of 64