x

How to verify domain with Facebook/Instagram?

I am in the process of setting up Instagram Shopping. I need to verify the domain with Facebook, and they've supplied a number of methods: updating the DNS TXT record, uploading an HTML file, or a meta-tag verification. Can someone show me how to do any of these with the square/weebly interface?

Message 1 of 64
3 Best Answers

Best Answer

Go to square — website — integrations — shopping and there add the phrase given you in 3rd method of verification on Facebook ( meta name ) 

press add to body and add

This will verify your domain 

Then go to Square — website— Instagram and set up Instagram shopping 

Hope this will help

Take care 

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 64

Best Answer

I know this has been answered already BUT I just figured this out for myself today using @lacherieseattle 's method. Since the website updates and changes frequently it goes like this now:

Goto Square - Website - Integrations - Scroll to the bottom and it'll have an option for you to add a custom header code to your website. This is where you'll copy and paste the meta tag verification code given to you by Facebook/Instagram and once you add it, it should easily verify your website for Instagram shopping within seconds!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for this answer!

View Best Answer >

Message 40 of 64

Best Answer

Just found this--- it worked for me after struggling with it for awhile. Hope this helps:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6877-connect-your-square-online-store-to-facebook

View Best Answer >

Message 60 of 64
63 REPLIES 63
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @deezbling - are you viewing this on a desktop computer as opposed to a mobile device? 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 43 of 64

It is the same no matter what device I am on. 

Message 44 of 64

I'm having troubles integrating my catalogue to Facebook. I need to verify my domain with Facebook but can't because I don't have an integration tab on my online dashboard. When I click the Website tab it only gives me these options Edit Site, SEO, Form Submissions and Site Visibility.

Message 45 of 64

Hi @deezbling I moved your post over to this thread. Joe responded to you letting you know the option has moved to Site Settings > Integrations. Apologies for any confusion. 

Message 46 of 64

Got it. Would you mind sharing a screenshot here of what you're seeing, @deezbling?

Joe
Message 47 of 64

6326A22D-47C1-4BFB-A39D-0EC89CC59D20.png

Message 48 of 64

Thanks for the prompt photo, @deezbling! I confirmed with our eCom team. It looks like this option has recently been moved in an update.

You will want to go into Settings > Tracking Tools actually to add the header code!

Joe
Message 49 of 64

This worked!!! Thank you so much!!!

Message 50 of 64

YES!!!! FINALLY GOT IT (trying to figure this out forever)...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Message 51 of 64

Yay! Glad to hear you got this one solved, @joshuabenson! Let us know if anything else comes up. We are here to help! 📈

Joe
Message 52 of 64

where exactly is the intergrations sections? im so confused

Message 53 of 64
Admin

@chibbeyweecroch Looks like it moved to a different spot. Instead of clicking Website > Integrations, you need to scroll down a bit more and click Site Settings > Tracking Tools. The page will say “integrations”. Here's what that looks like:

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 54 of 64

Where do I add it?

Message 55 of 64

Hi @Savvychicjewelz Which method are you trying to use to verify the domain name? 

Message 56 of 64

I am having issues verifying my domain for Facebook. It worked before and then I upgraded and changed my domain to a custom one that I purchased. Now Facebook needs verification but with my upgrade I no longer have the "integrations" option under my website editing options! How do I add this tag now???? Not really sure how to resolve this.

Message 57 of 64

Hey!! I read other comments and found it go to square-online- settings- tracking tools- add a new code then you can place the meta thing there!!

F. Leigh
Message 58 of 64

Thank you! I thought I literally opened every single tab. Guess I missed that one! Sneaky!

Message 59 of 64

Best Answer

Just found this--- it worked for me after struggling with it for awhile. Hope this helps:

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/6877-connect-your-square-online-store-to-facebook

Message 60 of 64

Thank you!

Message 61 of 64

The meta-tag option will not work for me. Facebook is saying i need to use the html file method. How do I access the root directory?

Message 62 of 64

Hi there @Bakin

Welcome to the Seller Community! Unfortunately, we do not provide that type of HTML access for Square Online stores. However, if you are having issues with the meta-tag not connecting, I recommend reaching out to our Square Online Customer Success team directly. 

Ellie
Message 63 of 64