x

I am unable to find the option to apply a modifier to an item. I've followed the help instructions.

I am unable to find the option to apply a modifer to an item. I've followed the instructions to the letter. I created a modifier and there was no option in that process.  I created and saved a modifier, then returned to the dashboard/items/modifier screen and highlighted the modifier I just created.  No option appears to the right as indicated in the other thread regarding this item. Help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

you actually apply the modifer set on the items page

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

from here you can chose a specfic item and chose which modifier set to apply towards it in the bottom right corner.Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 8.10.02 AM.png

Message 2 of 8

With all due respect, those options are not on my screen.  However, I did discover that in order to get to these options, you have to click "go" from the inventory option to switch to an individual location dashboard.  It's frustrating how the support help doesn't match the actual software. 

Message 3 of 8
Square

@WolfandCrow - Sorry for the confusion. 😕  If you can share which article you were following, I can have our Content Team update it to include the step for navigating to a location specific Dashboard. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 8

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5119-create-and-manage-item-modifiers

This article specifically gives bad instructions on Step 3 since the "Apply Set to Items" option is not available on the main square dashboard.  No where are you told that you have to get to the secret dashboard for a location.  I was unable to find any help in support regarding the fact that there is a way to get to the dashboard for a specific location.  I found that by accident in a community thread regarding how to get to the import/export option, which the way your support also has bad information.  I shouldn't have to tell Square where things are. 

Create Modifiers Online

1. Go to Modifiers in your online Square Dashboard and click Create Modifier Set.
  2. Enter the modifier set details and click Save.
  3. From Modifiers, click “Apply Set to Items,” and select items to group in this set.  
  4. Click “Apply to Items
Message 5 of 8
Square

@WolfandCrow Thank you so much for that feedback! As Sean mentioned, we will pass this over to our Content team, who is responsible for updating our Help Center. We want to make sure that those articles are as helpful as possible! 

Message 6 of 8

Is there an easy way to do this yet?

Message 7 of 8
Square

Hi @Alexis0906, adding modifiers still works in this way. Can you let me know where you're running into trouble?

Message 8 of 8