x

I am very confused to what to do next after transferring my domain from squarespace?

After transferring my domain from squarespace. I have no idea to why my domain is not being directed to my new online store at squareup/weebly. this is my first time transferring my domain name. When typing in my domain name it leads me to squarespace but not my published website. Help please!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

This begins, I believe, with the company you used to register your domain name. They are your registrar and maintain records called DNS Records. The first time you published your square space website you would have provided  Square space With your domain name. A wizard at some point would have asked for your domain name and then you would have provided login details. This wizard, once connected to your registrar made changes to the entry’s in your DNS file pointing your host entry to their servers.

Godaddy Is one of the largest registrars but there are others. Whoever you purchased your domain name through they manage your DNS records. Call their support number and explain that you signed up for squaresapce but now you’re using weebly and you need your DNS records updated to point your domain name to the new host at weebly. Either they will do it for you or they’ll point you to instructions online that will enable you to get it done. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

This begins, I believe, with the company you used to register your domain name. They are your registrar and maintain records called DNS Records. The first time you published your square space website you would have provided  Square space With your domain name. A wizard at some point would have asked for your domain name and then you would have provided login details. This wizard, once connected to your registrar made changes to the entry’s in your DNS file pointing your host entry to their servers.

Godaddy Is one of the largest registrars but there are others. Whoever you purchased your domain name through they manage your DNS records. Call their support number and explain that you signed up for squaresapce but now you’re using weebly and you need your DNS records updated to point your domain name to the new host at weebly. Either they will do it for you or they’ll point you to instructions online that will enable you to get it done. 

Message 2 of 2