x

I basically have to unplug and replug the headphone reader in between every customer.

Sorry for the duplicate post, after I made the first one and registered, more relevant categories showed up.

Hello, this problem has gotten worse over time, and used to happen on my last device, but only a few times a day. I got a new phone that is only wifi, and set up semi permanently for square ONLY. It's a Samsung A20. We have had Square for a few years now, but the problem has become too much.

The problem is that the swipe reader that goes into the headphone jack will stop working sometime in between each customer. The way to fix it, is to unplug it and plug it back in, but this has be done like 100 times a day, and that's a huge amount of wear of tear. Before you unplug it and plug it back in, you swipe the card and it does nothing.

Things I've tried:

New reader, both the old and new ones did the same thing.

I disabled the battery optimization for Square app.

I made sure microphone permission is enabled.

Also, maybe related or unrelated, I get a message often in the square app that a recording device is detected and that if it continues, I may need to restart the device, but of course that doesn't help.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0