x

I had an order on weebly to be picked up. How do I change order to ship and recover shipping costs?

I had an order on weebly to be picked up. How do I change order to ship and recover shipping costs?  Is there any way to modify an order?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @boblyall 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you!

While we are well-versed on the Square Point of Sale, I did try and do some research regarding editing orders and from what I can tell, it looks as though the only way to edit an order to be shipped would be to refund the transaction and re-place the order with the correct customer receiving method.

This would ensure that the customer is charged for the correct shipping price on the order.

I hope this information is helpful! Feel free to reach back out to us here, or to Weebly Support directly.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I've needed to do this as well, and the workaround you propose is absurd. To do what you're suggestions means we'd have to either ask the customer to place their order again or get them on the phone so we can get their payment information or send them an invoice. All of these put the onus on the customer to complete the transaction again, running the risk that they won't complete it, resulting in a lost sale. Enabling sellers to change the fulfillment method after the fact would be much appreciated. 

@boblyall I've had the same situation, and have invoiced the person for the shipping fee separately; I have an Item with multiple Variations for the various shipping fees I charge.

Message 3 of 3