x

I have a new debit card. Where would my funds go?

New debit card. What do I do?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Your deposits will go to your bank account via your checking account number. If you want to update or add your debit card for instant deposit go to dashboard / accounts and settings / deposits and enter your card number. 

Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Regular deposits go to a bank account, so nothing would change here.

As for Instant Deposit, it puts funds onto a debit card, so this will cause problems.

To change the card information from your Dashboard, go to Deposits -> Settings. If you have multiple locations choose the one from the location picker at the top of the page, then click "Change Debit Card."

To change the card information from your Point of Sale app, choose Settings from the menu, then Deposits. Tap on the "Link a Different Debit Card" button.

As long as the card is compatible with Instant Deposit, you shouldn't have any problems.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 3 of 7

what happens if your deposit already tried to process and then you update your card and your close of business day? will they resend the deposit again today?

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

It won't automatically resend the funds, but you can start another Instant Deposit once you have updated the card information.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 5 of 7

I am wondering how I can change my debit card on here so when people want to charge my debit card they can do so. But I have a new one and need to change it.

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, @zeldasdobi. If you're asking how to edit the debit card you currently have linked for Instant Transfers, you can find the steps here.

If this isn't what you're asking, please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking, and we'll be able to better point you in the right direction.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7