x

I have a square charge on my credit card, however, I do not recognize the vendor name.

I have a square charge on my credit card, however, I do not recognize the vendor name.  Can square give me any information about the vendor? 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @keith1956 - there is a way for you to look up your receipt using Square's transaction search

From the transaction search page:

• Enter the exact amount shown on your credit card statement, the date, last 4 digits and expiration date of your credit card. 
  • Click Look up receipt to view your receipt.
  • Print, save, or bookmark your receipt if you'd like to keep it for your records. 

Ultimately, if you do not recognize the charge or remember authorizing this amount - you can dispute the charge with your bank to find more information and resolve this. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 👍

PS) If this answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just post again here, and we'll continue to help. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @keith1956 - there is a way for you to look up your receipt using Square's transaction search

From the transaction search page:

• Enter the exact amount shown on your credit card statement, the date, last 4 digits and expiration date of your credit card. 
  • Click Look up receipt to view your receipt.
  • Print, save, or bookmark your receipt if you'd like to keep it for your records. 

Ultimately, if you do not recognize the charge or remember authorizing this amount - you can dispute the charge with your bank to find more information and resolve this. 

Let us know if you need anything else. 👍

PS) If this answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just post again here, and we'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 2 of 7

Hi @Russell What if your receipt shows no merchant name?  All my receipt shows is Custom Amount a 9 digit number and "Personal Site".  If I have an authorization code, then someone at Square/Weebly should be able to tell me which of their merchants ran my card.  The problem is it's a recurring charge and I end up having to fight it with Amex each month.

Message 3 of 7

Good instructions.  My card was hacked, canceled, replace, and original was shredded.  I don't have an expiration date.   What do I do?

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hey there @sjura -

The fastest, most effective way to resolve an issue like this is to dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company. They will then act as your representative and work with us to get to the bottom of this. 

Message 5 of 7

Why do you keep telling people to call their bank if we used the square issued card. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @nailahpromo,

These questions are from buyers who aren't sellers with Square Cards. That's why we direct them to the bank if they don't recognize a charge on their credit/debit card.

Hope this clears things up!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7