x
Highlighted
serenitysquare

I have multiple locations but one device. How can I switch which location I am at on my device?

My business has three locations that I travel to for my client's convenience. I really like the multi-location feature that Square is now offering and would like to be able to separate transactions by location. I use only one device (my phone) to take payments, and for some reason my device has defaulted to think it's only being used in one location and I can't figure out a way to change this - not while messing with the settings, and not while taking a payment. Am I missing something, or is this feature not available?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 Replies
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: I have multiple locations but one device. How can I switch which location I am at on my device?

Assuming your login credentials have the proper settings, you will see a location choice screen immediately after logging in.  

So, sign out of Square then sign back in and see if the choose your location menu comes up.  If it doesn't you will have to look and see if you have restricted access on your account somehow.

Message 2 of 4
SugarDaddyBaker

Re: I have multiple locations but one device. How can I switch which location I am at on my device?

We have a similar issue, but this solution won't work for us because Square only offers a primary login or device codes as login options. I have 7 employees, I can't give my primary Square login to all of them and I can't see multiple sites using the Device ID login.

In our case, we have 4 iPads with Square in our brick and mortar, but two Square locations. (One of the locations is our regular brick and mortar stuff and also non-custom items available for purchase online immediately.) The other "location" is used for Square items that customers can special order larger customized quantities and take 48 hours notice. The reason we configured it this way is we wanted these to be on a separate page on our website, and Square only offers an "all or nothing" approach with the online marketplace.

This setup works great for us in the online world, but when someone places on online order in the second location, it doesn't show up in the Square oders area for any of our devices because all the Square iPads use device codes and only see the orders placed against the brick and mortar site.

I wish there was a way to have a device (using a device code) toggle between locations or at the very least see the orders for all locations.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@SugarDaddyBaker That's an interesting use case, and I see how being able to switch between accounts or locations would help. 

I'll pass this over to our Product Team and hopefully we can get a solution for everyone in the near future. 

Message 4 of 4