x

I have noticed lately my device will not stay online. I've tried everything. Help!

I've tried everything possible to keep my Square device online.  I have to put my password in multiple times a day.  When it will take it.  I've tried unplugging and resetting. My work laptop that I use daily is online, along with my cell phone and clients phones.  My internet is awesome,  It has to do with the machine. It stayed online great up until about 6 months ago.  I really can't tell you anything I done differently.  I have square plug adapter that I use when my big high dollar machine decides not to work, I have to get paid. Can anyone help me?  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

hi @PaulineBWilson I am wondering if resetting your register to factory settings and then logging back in after the reboot might fix whatever it is that's going on inside the computer brain. You could try following these steps to see if it fixes the problem! At this point there's no harm in trying right?

1. Tap the down arrow on your Register and tap Settings.

2. Tap Hardware > General > About Register.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.

4. Tap Reset one last time. The countdown will begin and your Register will reset.

Once the reset is complete, you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in.

1. Go back through basic setup questions like your time zone, date, and time.

2. Reconnect to the internet and sign back in with your email and password or device code.

3. Add accessories such as cash drawers, printers, barcode scanners, or scales. Learn more about connecting compatible hardware to Square Register.

4. Adjust any settings back to your preferences.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 2