x

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

I'd like to offer a special for clients for booking online, but there is no option for them to enter in a discount code when booking their appointment. This would be an essential asset to business marketing, promotions and bookings. It's important to have pre-paid booking options, but if i want to offer a discount, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this

5 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Yes, We do need that. 

Verified Answer

Discounts, Gift cards, and payment options for services

Talking with a rep yesterday I learned that the services (which I use for my healthcare practice linked to my online appointments via desktop), does not have the option for coupons, gift cards, or payment options like Afterpay.

I was trying so hard to figure it out because I could see the coupon I generated for "items" and on the square app (for manually entered appointments).

Please work on including these much needed features!! thank you. 

Case: 72437319

mahdiyahasiya

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: Can my customers use a discount code when booking?

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

Verified Answer

Re: I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to add coupon options for Appointments? We can't offer them with Appointments...

Currently there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request! 

In the meantime if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

227 Comments

My web site has my price is posted. When I choose their service on Square, it puts the price that I have chosen on my website. I don't see where I can give a discount for those that I choose to. How do I do that?

Alumni

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

So, someone mentioned that using Marketing you can send customers coupons to use.  Is there a way for them to use those coupons when prepaying for services? Or is that part of the features that have still not been added?

Admin

That feature is still in development @dcrachuig. We'll make sure to update this thread when we hear something! 

With COVID-19, all of my sales are online, only through the Appointments booking site, and payment is required at booking. I really need the ability to have specific customers (friends and family) enter a discount code on the payment screen so they don't have to pay full price.
Alternately, I would be happy with a second booking site that I could send friends and family a link to that page with the discounted prices listed that the general public cannot see without the link.

Admin

Thanks for your comment, @TheAtlantaSanta

I'm merging your post into a different thread about this, that way if we add this as a feature you'll be notified. In the meantime, one thing you could do is create a special service item for your family and friends, and only make it available for appointments when you know that they will scheduling one. Once they've done it, you can update the item so it isn't available for others.

Hello , 

I want apply discounts on my appointment services but its not applying. 

Steps taken for to apply discount 

1) Created 2 services ($80 each)

2) Apply discount rules on services( Buy 2 and get discount 30% on one service). - Automatic discount.

3) Tried to book appointment but taking total amount of 2 services. 

4) Result - Nothing happened.  

I have my business set up where customers use the free booking flow to book their own appointments, and they must be prepaid since appointments are done virtually. I want to be able to offer coupon codes, but I don't see how to do that if I require appointments to be prepaid. Am I missing something? Is there really not a place for a customer to enter a code during checkout? So may other apps and software allow for this, so I feel like it's sort of crazy that Square doesn't.

Two part question: Is there a way to create a specific code to discount or promo code for a specific service : i.e... by Any service and get this specific service for $25?  2. Is there a way for my clients to apply said discount/promo code when they book with square appointments

Square Community Moderator

Heya @miracle_faces and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing feature request thread for being able to offer promos with Square Appointments.

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.