x

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

I'd like to offer a special for clients for booking online, but there is no option for them to enter in a discount code when booking their appointment. This would be an essential asset to business marketing, promotions and bookings. It's important to have pre-paid booking options, but if i want to offer a discount, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this

5 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Discount Codes to be used when booking an appointment online

Yes, We do need that. 

Verified Answer

Discounts, Gift cards, and payment options for services

Talking with a rep yesterday I learned that the services (which I use for my healthcare practice linked to my online appointments via desktop), does not have the option for coupons, gift cards, or payment options like Afterpay.

I was trying so hard to figure it out because I could see the coupon I generated for "items" and on the square app (for manually entered appointments).

Please work on including these much needed features!! thank you. 

Case: 72437319

mahdiyahasiya

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: Can my customers use a discount code when booking?

WOW, finding this thread really opened my eyes on how LONG this feature has been requested and Square done nothing... more than 4 years... 

Not only discount coupons are essential for appointments but also there is no option for gift cards which are also sold by Square Online... but can't be used on Appointments? Doesn't make any sense right?

We sell skateboarding lessons, and a lot of people want to give them as gift cards for Christmas and Birthday, but they can't use the option to book online like everyone else, they need to call us and we have to block the slot with no payment, hoping they will show up to be able to charge the gift card or apply a discount in person when they arrive. 

I am tired of waiting for this to change... the recent new updates in Square have been so useless, at least for my business, and this essential feature still missing... I feel like the only solution is to look into moving to another software... 

Verified Answer

Re: I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

Hi @janiced 👋 

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to add coupon options for Appointments? We can't offer them with Appointments...

Currently there isn't a way for your customers to use coupons or promo codes for Appointments booked from your online Appointments booking site. We're tracking this feature request! 

In the meantime if you use Square Marketing to send customers coupons you can apply those coupons at checkout from Appointments app. (And you can create a discount and apply that at checkout when your client arrives for their appointment.)

227 Comments

Due to the inability to apply promo codes/discounts during appointment booking, I took someone's suggestion on this thread and created TWO booking sites: one that is full price for customers to use, and one that includes special services ("Items") that are discounted for family and friends.

Seems simple, right? You send most customers to the full-price booking site, and you send customers who should receive a discount to the booking site that only shows discounted services, and this way there is no promo code/discount code required.... right?

Well, this sort of works. HOWEVER...... the biggest flaw in Square's ability to customize your booking site is that if a customer clicks your COMPANY'S LOGO in the top left corner of the booking site, they are taken to a master list of ALL SERVICES (ITEMS) that you offer, including the discounted ones!!!

So I have had customers visit the full-price booking site, click around and click on my company logo in the top left corner by mistake, and then they go ahead and see the discounted rate and book that instead!!

Why would you allow us to direct a customer to a specific booking site where they can only see specific items/services, and then give them the ability to see all of the services including those that should be hidden from them? 

I have a need for this also for online services. Any type of workaround you can suggest?

Square Community Moderator

@RM22 I hear you - this would be really useful to have. The best workaround at the moment is to either manually mark the prices down (if it's a discount offered to everyone), or follow Valentina's suggestion above. 

Can customers apply discounts or can a discount auto apply to bookings during a certain time or date? It doesn't work when I add it.

Hello!! I've merged your post to an existing thread where Helen provides an answer to you. We are currently tracking feature requests for this, but you can manually add a discount/coupon to a sale as a workaround. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the Seller Community! 🙂

@Square it would be really nice to have a discount code field when booking service appointments

I only offer services that are booked via Square Appointments and there's no way for my clients to enter their discount code at checkout. I have Gift Cards available for purchase too and they can't use those either. How is this not a feature yet? I would assume that Square offer this function for Appointments if they offer it for Items but instead we have to figure out a complicated human-involved workaround.

Any updates on this? Seems like the workarounds are inconvenient/needlessly complicated for the sellers. First saw this question back in 2017

@jorden Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for posting! This is still a feature request and I don't have any updates to share at this time. I will keep bubbling up the feedback as it comes in and will have someone post a thread with updates as soon as they arrive. 

+1 on this feature request.

Seems like a basic request, how has this not been implemented yet?!