x

I have standard prices for my services, how do I change the price to reflect a discount?

My web site has my price is posted. When I choose their service on Square, it puts the price that I have chosen on my website. I don't see where I can give a discount for those that I choose to. How do I do that?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @janiced 👋 It sounds like you may be asking about offering a discount on services you're offering through Square Appointments. Is that right? If so, I just want to clarify first that you're looking for a way to offer discounts through your booking site, as opposed to applying a discount at checkout for an appointment in-person.

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hi @janiced 👋 It sounds like you may be asking about offering a discount on services you're offering through Square Appointments. Is that right? If so, I just want to clarify first that you're looking for a way to offer discounts through your booking site, as opposed to applying a discount at checkout for an appointment in-person.

While it is possible to apply a discount to a service when charging a client in-person for a service using the Square Point of Sale app, it's currently not possible for your clients to use a discount or coupon code when booking an appointment using your Appointments booking site - this is being tracked as a feature request at this time.

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6

I have a need for this also for online services. Any type of workaround you can suggest?

Message 3 of 6

@RM22 I hear you - this would be really useful to have. The best workaround at the moment is to either manually mark the prices down (if it's a discount offered to everyone), or follow Valentina's suggestion above. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 6

Any updates on this? Seems like the workarounds are inconvenient/needlessly complicated for the sellers. First saw this question back in 2017

Message 5 of 6

@jorden Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for posting! This is still a feature request and I don't have any updates to share at this time. I will keep bubbling up the feedback as it comes in and will have someone post a thread with updates as soon as they arrive. 

AshleyK
Message 6 of 6