x

How do I delete a custom item that was created when entering an invoice?

How do I delete a custom item that was created when entering an invoice?

Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I emailed Square Customer support and regarding 'custom items' he said: 

currently those items cannot be deleted as it is a temporary stored system that will change as different items are used

but he promised to send feedback to the Square product team so hopefully there will be a way to delete these items in the near future!!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Alumni

Hey @Loralea - I'm not quite clear on your question. Are you looking to just delete an Item from your Item Library? If so, you can follow the steps at Create and Manage Items Online. If that's not what you were looking for, can you provide more details surrounding your issue? The more information, the better we can point you in the right direction.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 34

I have this issue too! When creating an invoice, clicking on the 'ADD ITEM' field pops up TWO different lists - RECENT CUSTOM ITEMS and LIBRARY ITEMS. I would like to be able to DELETE items from the 'RECENT CUSTOM ITEMS' list but I can't seem to find a way to do that. They do not appear in the 'ITEM LIBRARY'. Please let me know how to delete CUSTOM ITEMS.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 34

Best Answer

I emailed Square Customer support and regarding 'custom items' he said: 

currently those items cannot be deleted as it is a temporary stored system that will change as different items are used

but he promised to send feedback to the Square product team so hopefully there will be a way to delete these items in the near future!!

Message 4 of 34

HAHAHAHAHA! I just got an email that my 'answer' above was marked best answer by a Square Community Moderator. So basically Square is saying they've known about this issue for over two years & they still haven't fixed it and that's the best answer we're going to get. HAHAHAHAHAHA. PRICELESS.

Message 5 of 34

Summer, 2023. Still not fixed. 

Message 6 of 34

I’m trying to figure out how to remove a few custom

invoice titles that were accidentally entered into the system while I was cutting and pasting invoice information to customers.    They appear as a scroll down option lol and they’re incredibly annoying (they show up at top of scroll down menu) because I just want my library items to be in view

Message 7 of 34
Alumni

@RAndrophy

Ah, just so I'm understanding  - these invoice titles were entered as items in your item library and you want them removed, yes? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 34

To clarify, I have a few sentences (not even items) that  that were pasted  accidentally and therefore entered as scroll down custom items.  I can’t figure out how to remove them.  I only want the items in my “library” as options.  And if I make a custom item, I want it to be one I’ve actually created to be there as an option.    

Message 9 of 34

Agreed! It's really annoying that we cannot get rid of them!

Message 10 of 34

They were accidentally entered as "Custom Items" and now cannot be removed.

Message 11 of 34
Alumni

@RAndrophy

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Looks like another Seller reached out to CS about this also - I'm afraid those custom items cannot be deleted, but will change over time as other items are used. 

Justin
Message 12 of 34

I want to do this too! Because I assumed that Squareup would be like Paypal invoice, I just copied and pasted into Square invoice and the result was TERRIBLE LOOKING. So now I want to delete that "custom item" that was created. But the "custom item" is not available in the "items" library. Instead, it just shows up as a long annoying block of text every time I try to add a REAL item. 

(a few things that are frustrating about this: 1) first you set us up for FAILURE by making the process confusing from the get-go, 2) once we make the inevitable mistake you make it impossible to fix. Not cool). 

Please tell me there is now a way to fix this? I have been using square invoices for all of 5 minutes, and already I have an extremely annoying situation that doesn't exist in any other invoicing solution. 

Message 13 of 34

YES!! It's so annoying!!!

Message 14 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @CrystalPetNanny I suggest reaching out to support as there might be a chance that our Product team is able to make the modifications and remove any unnecessary items. You can give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here

JJ
Message 15 of 34

OK thanks JJ. Where will I find my customer code? 

Message 16 of 34

Great question @CrystalPetNanny - you can find your customer code here

Ria
Message 17 of 34

Thank you for the help! 

Message 18 of 34

Anytime.

Ria
Message 19 of 34

I want to do this too! Because I assumed that Squareup would be like Paypal invoice, I just copied and pasted directly into Square invoice and the result was TERRIBLE LOOKING. So now I want to delete that "custom item" that was created when i did that. But the "custom item" is not available in the "items" library. Instead, it just shows up as a long annoying block of text every time I try to add a REAL item in my invoice.  

(a few things that are frustrating about this: 1) first you set us up for FAILURE by making the process confusing from the get-go, 2) once we make the inevitable mistake you make it impossible to fix. Not cool). 

Please tell me there is now a way to fix this? I have been using square invoices for all of 5 minutes, and already I have an extremely annoying situation that doesn't exist in any other invoicing solution. 

Message 20 of 34

Has this been fixed yet?  For a week now when I create an invoice, press 'add item' the list shows 'recent custom items' and its a long description that I would like to delete.  Don't see a way to delete it.  Please advise.

Message 21 of 34