x

I need a client's signed contracts in their file!

I have been searching through the forums and see that multiple people are having the same issues that I am. It should be a no-brainer to have all of a client's contracts in one spot in their file in the directory. I should be able to enter a client's name and have all of their information, transactions and signed contracts in one place. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I own a tattoo shop. My artists are independent contractors. The client has to sign a waiver and a medical history form, and the artist has to sign a contract stating that they reviewed the client's signed forms. If the client is a minor, then a parental waiver also has to be signed. So, for one client, I need up to four different contracts in their file. Not only do I need THEIR signed contracts in their file, but I need the artists' signed contract in their file.

It has been stated before that you can attach a contract to a transaction. But my clients only need to fill out all of that paperwork once a year, or anytime their information has changed. It would be ridiculous to have four different contracts every single time that client comes in to make a transaction... JUST so I could look up their contract in their file! 

I chose to go completely digital with the paperwork so that I could save on printer ink, paper, file folders, filing cabinets, people to file it, and space to keep it all. By law, I am required to keep all paperwork for LIFE and the most current 3 years on site. That's a lot of paper and space. When the health department comes into inspect, they check the client's paperwork. Going digital SHOULD be as easy as opening a filing cabinet!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @medusasartnsoul  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

When your client signs the Contract, A PDF copy of the finalized contract will be emailed to you and the recipient for record keeping. You can also resend a copy of the contract at any time from your Dashboard.

Through Square's Customer Directory, you do have the ability to upload file attachments to the Customer's Profile, so you would be able to add the documents you mentioned once you have downloaded the contract PDF. You can find the steps to for uploading file attachments in this Support Article. Please feel free to share this with any of the other Sellers that you mentioned were looking for this information as well.

I hope this is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂 

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I understand I have the ability to upload, but that's a LOT. It should automatically be routed to their profile in the system, in one convenient place; just as if I were to open a filing cabinet and have everything in their file pertaining to them. I shouldn't have to search in multiple filing cabinets to find everything pertaining to one client. Same goes for the programming with the system.

It's a lot of work and takes up a lot of time going back and forth between the emails and Square downloading and then uploading a minimum of three contracts PER client; not to mention identification and guardianship paperwork they have to send us.

There are times we get really busy, and the door help gets overwhelmed. That process takes up way too much of their time when they need to be focused on other responsibilities. I told them just to upload everything at the end of the night, but that's making them stay late just to get it all done, especially when we have a huge influx of clients. At least with a filing cabinet we just make a copy and stick it in there. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for providing the additional details here, @medusasartnsoul 

To have the contacts automatically upload to the customer's profile would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4