x

I own 2 companies - I need to switch accounts in Dashboard without signing out

This is a FEATURE REQUEST

I own two companies, and use Square for both. When I’m using Square Dashboard, and want to switch from one account to the other, I have to sign out of one account and then sign in to the other. This is inconvenient. 

On my bank website, and on my Google website, I can be logged in to multiple accounts, and then just switch back and forth. This is very, very helpful. 

Please add this feature to the Square Dashboard website. I’m sure there are many Square users who have multiple accounts. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

My best recommendation is to open the Square website in multiple browsers.  have one business open in Safari and the other open in chrome.

Message 2 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mikesclub,

You can set up multiple businesses under one account using Multiple Locations.

You can create unique business profiles for each location with specific business hours and individual bank accounts or tags to differentiate transfers. Location-specific reporting also gives you more granular insight into each location’s performance.

When you sign up, your account will automatically generate your first location.

To create additional locations:

Visit Account & Settings > Business information > Locations in your online Square Dashboard.
Click Create Location > add details > Save.

Learn more about Multiple Location Management.

Let me know if this helps!

Message 3 of 7

Ok, I've started setting this up according to your instructions, but I have a few concerns.

I already have a Square account set up for the second company, and I've already linked the new account to a bank account for that company.

Now, as I go through the steps of setting up a new "location" as you instructed, it's asking me to link the bank account. 

Is this going to create any problem, since the bank account is already linked? Is there going to be any conflict?

Just for additional information:

My original company is "Mike’s Club LLC". That company has a Square account, and is linked to a bank account.

The new company is "Mike’s Club Foods Inc". It has a separate (but fully operational) Square account, and is linked to its own bank account.

All I want to do is be able to switch back and forth between the two companies in Square Dashboard, without having to log out and log in each time.

Message 4 of 7
Square Champion

@mikesclub On the bank accounts, no it did the same thing for us and just shows the same last 4 account number for each location.  I think you only really get 1 deposit each day for the locations on deposits so you have to track that yourself.  But we have a master company and branded locations and just use our company name DBA order up cafe...and have no problems.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@mikesclub @Donnie-M

You can link the same or different bank accounts to each of your locations. Having a separate account tied to your bank account will not affect your having another location linked to that same bank account.

You can link multiple external bank accounts to your Square account, so you can easily switch between bank accounts when sending your transfers across your business locations. This information and steps can be found in the article I linked in my last reply.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Message 6 of 7
Square Champion

@mikesclub The other way to do what van said is to use an incognito browser (ctrl-shift-n) in chrome and it will sandbox the sessions and you can have multiple open.  The switching will be much much faster using 2 different browsers or incognito screens (if you split the tab off you can alt-tab quickly through the programs/screens) than any type of implementation square could do that would require you to select location and it load that location.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 7 of 7