x

I received a payment from a customer but it's not showing in my bank account?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: a vendor payment isn't showing in my bank account

I received a payment from a customer - this was on my first use of the square.  I don't see the payment anywhere in my bank account, however it's showing on the square app as a payment.  The money seems to have disappeared into space

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi there @rhondahmer. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your deposit! There are a couple of things to check to understand what might have happened.

Check if the payment was recorded Cash or Other tender (e.g. the customer wrote you a check): When a payment is recorded as Cash/Other tender is way, Square doesn't send a deposit to your bank because it's assumed you've accepted the cash. You can see if a card was recorded as cash (or if a card was charged) from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to Sales > click Transactions.
  2. Click on a specific transaction to see more details.
  3. On the right-hand side of the screen, just below the total amount of the charge you'll see CashCheck, or for card payments you'll see the card brand and last four digits of the card charged. 

If you processed a payment as cash by mistake and your customer received an email or SMS receipt, go ahead and contact our CS team who can try to contact the customer on your behalf.

Check if your bank account has been verified: If you're new to Square and you've just linked a bank account it can take 5 business days for your bank account to be verified

Check if you've created another account: If you accidentally created another Square account, sign out of the app and sign back in using a different email address. You can link a bank account to receive your deposit, or you can refund your customer and take the payment again after signing back in with the correct email address and password.

If you need help with any of these steps please call our CS team who can review your account.

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Admin

Best Answer

Hi there @rhondahmer. I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your deposit! There are a couple of things to check to understand what might have happened.

Check if the payment was recorded Cash or Other tender (e.g. the customer wrote you a check): When a payment is recorded as Cash/Other tender is way, Square doesn't send a deposit to your bank because it's assumed you've accepted the cash. You can see if a card was recorded as cash (or if a card was charged) from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Navigate to Sales > click Transactions.
  2. Click on a specific transaction to see more details.
  3. On the right-hand side of the screen, just below the total amount of the charge you'll see CashCheck, or for card payments you'll see the card brand and last four digits of the card charged. 

If you processed a payment as cash by mistake and your customer received an email or SMS receipt, go ahead and contact our CS team who can try to contact the customer on your behalf.

Check if your bank account has been verified: If you're new to Square and you've just linked a bank account it can take 5 business days for your bank account to be verified

Check if you've created another account: If you accidentally created another Square account, sign out of the app and sign back in using a different email address. You can link a bank account to receive your deposit, or you can refund your customer and take the payment again after signing back in with the correct email address and password.

If you need help with any of these steps please call our CS team who can review your account.

Helen

Seller Community Manager, Square

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others!
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 39

My bank is linked, customer paid via credit card manual entry, transaction paid, 0 balance...

Message 3 of 39
Admin

Hi there, @Elegantglim - so sorry for the trouble here. If you've double checked the troubleshooting listed above and are still experiencing issues with your deposit transfer, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly. They will take a deeper dive with you to see where the issue lays.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 39

Thank you for your response. I have cancelled the transaction and ran with my other system.

Message 5 of 39
Admin

Glad you got this one solved! Thanks for letting us know, @Elegantglim.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 39

This is not a solve this is a work around.

Message 7 of 39

Tbh idk I would hope not but it’s impossible to talk to someone from square and I still haven’t received a reply to my email. I’m hoping that maybe my bank takes some days to process it. But I truly don’t know and no one in this customer customer service forum seems to know either.

Message 8 of 39

It says that messaging is unavailable for my account and calling also says unavailable so I’m really at a loss of what to do and super disappointed in the customer support. 

Message 9 of 39

The solution given is we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly.  Time and time again we have said that does not work. Please give us a real solution. Check time stamps below for your automated response to real customer issues.  

Joe
‎05-11-2020 05:05 AM

sayra
‎11-02-2020 11:55 AM

Nika_S
‎11-25-2019 09:05 AM

Joe
‎06-29-2020 06:06 AM

Message 10 of 39
Beta Member

Hello, I was also having trouble with deposits. Square notified me that they already deposited the money but it isnt showing in my bank. My bank has been verified and is existent. it was already a week since square said they deposited the money but there is none! i  read that it should bounce bck in my accounr if it isnt deposited but also there is none that is bouncing back!! please help this is so frustrating as i need the money and i cant talk to nobody to help me!

Message 11 of 39
Square Community Moderator

@CGreensn- Hi there! Please contact our Customer Support Team to take a look at account-specific information related to your missing deposit. They will be your best resource. 

Thank you! 😀

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 39

Was there any fix. They emptied my account also and there’s not even a transaction saying it was transferred out. It just disappeared from my balance out of no where. As soon as i get my money I’m headed to better services. 

Message 13 of 39

Give it two working days happened to me , transactions was only showing in activity on my desktop dashboard... was for a large amount too so I think if it a. Abnormal amount they check it.. 

Message 14 of 39

I have a few transactions that went through the card reader the 13th and 14th of February.  As of Monday, February 15, I received a confirmation email that the money went in my bank account.  But, when I check my account, it is not there.  What do I need to do?

Message 15 of 39

Hello! I’m having the same issue of my funds for a whole week disappearing... I’ve emailed 4 times since Saturday and have tried calling and messaging, both say unavailable for my account so I’m at a loss of what to do and very disappointed nobody has email me back to resolve this. I haven’t even used my square as needed because I’m afraid my funds will vanish into thin air. 

Message 16 of 39

I am having the exact same issue customer made payment through the manual entry now no balance of that payment. Absolutely  crazy. 

Message 17 of 39
Admin

@isa1ofakind @Baevans I moved your post to this thread so you can take a look at Helen's answer above. There's a few things you can check to make sure your deposit goes through successfully.

Don't hesitate to reach out with other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 18 of 39

Same thing is happening to me. Was there a fix?

Message 19 of 39

My customer just made a payment via square invoice.  I see the transaction but the funds are not in my balance.  First time this has ever happened...

Message 20 of 39

Did they fix your problem? If yes, how? This is now happening to me! I have had three card payments and none of them are showing up in my balance! 

Message 21 of 39