x

I want to remove the Log In tab from my website.

I'm trying to remove the Log In tab from my website. I've gone to Setting>Checkout>Advanced and unchecked the box that says something like, "Allow customers to create personal accounts," but the Log In tab is still there.

The website is https://www.sourceaudio.net/

In past threads it looks like somebody on the Square or Weebly staff had to go in and manually remove the Log In option.

Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 153
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @TheLuckyJackson and @Gold 👋 

This is a glitch that happens to some sites built with the original Weebly editor. There's two places to check for the setting:

1. From the main dashboard, click Settings > Checkout > Customer Inputs, and toggle off or uncheck the Customer Accounts option. You do not need to republish the website for the live page to update. 
  2. From within the Site Editor, click Settings > Members, and make sure the option Show "Log in" in site menu is unchecked. You will need to republish for the live site to update. 

Your link was coming from the second option, and I have already removed it for you. Please make sure to publish the site again when you have the chance. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 153
152 REPLIES 152

OMG! 
mamurphy489..... we finally got it!! I thought I would poke around one more time and for me it was under Settings > Members > Show Login 

I can't beleive I never looked there before. 

Again, thank you for the reply this morning, it really made me feel less alone in this insane issue haha 

Message 22 of 153

Hi, 

Could one of the moderators please remove the 'login' tab from my website, please. The website is: www.mrb2btechwriter.com

Thanks, 

Leke

Message 23 of 153

Hello,

If you go to www.weebly.com, sign in, and press the "Edit Website" function on the top right, it should load you into a page similar to this one (http://prntscr.com/m44kme). After that click the "Settings" 1st on the top, "Members" 2nd on the left sidebar, then uncheck "Show "Log In" in site menu" and publish your website.

Let me know if you have any questions pal

Message 24 of 153

I started a new weebly site that does not have a login function. (Another site I have does have this function, so I am familiar with where it shows up in the General Settings menu. This site, however, does not show a Members menu under General settings. Login tab does not show up in editor (as it should not since it is not activated, and I dont even see how to activate it on this site.) But when website is published, a Login Tab shows up in Nav Menus on both desktop and mobile. Makes no sense. I believe I am using BirdsEye theme. HELP!

Message 25 of 153
Square

What site do you need help with, @jplss? I can remove that for you.

Message 26 of 153

Adam, thank you for your response. I replied to the email you sent requesting my under construction site name.

Can you access it from there, or do I need to post it here? Would prefer not to post it here for now.

Message 27 of 153
Square

Was that an email ticket? I don't think I have an email ticket open with you. You don't need to post the site name, though. Is it the site in your account that has a 2 year business subscription?

Message 28 of 153

Good afternoon, my website readingwithtiffany.com has login as one of my pages, is there any way that it can be removed?

Thank you

Message 29 of 153
Square

No problem, @MissTee - the login tab should be gone from your site now.

Message 30 of 153

Hello, 

Please remove the "Log In" tab from the menu on nwbeesupply.weebly.com

Thank you!

Message 31 of 153
Square

I just made change on our end, so that should be gone now @VincentChiofalo.

Message 32 of 153

Hello, I also need the Log In option removed from my website, thank you. https://athousandrasps.weebly.com/

Message 33 of 153
Square

All set, @athousandrasps Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 153

never mind!  found it on your thread, thanks!!

stores/settings/advanced settings/customer accounts - turn it off.

removes the log in link from my menu.

Message 35 of 153
Square

Glad to hear that, @Ptjewelry!

Message 36 of 153

I am having trouble as well cant find the steps
Message 37 of 153
Square

Did you still need help with that, @MrsClara? I don't see a login link in your site navigation.

Message 38 of 153

Can you please remove the login tab from ondeckhomeinspections.com? Thank you.

Message 39 of 153
Square

Hi @jess1229 You can remove the login tab by clicking Store>Settings>Checkout>Advanced Settings and toggling off the Customer Accounts option. Before you do this, though, you will need to enable the SSL for your site. Please log into the editor and click the Settings tab, then scroll to the SSL area and click Enable. You may see a prompt to update your IP address, otherwise the SSL should enable almost immediately. If you run into any issues please feel free to respond back to this thread. Thanks!

Message 40 of 153

Adam,
Can you remove the login button on my site, as well? I am actually hoping to utilize membership in the future, but the button randomly showed up and we're not ready for it. Thank you.
www.s-4radio.com
Message 41 of 153

Me too! I've been trying to figure it out for hours but I'm lost since the dashboard is all new. Please help! www.thehappygirlsclub.com and www.hellohappydayphotography.com

Message 42 of 153