x

If I have a seasonal business do I have to pay subscription fees on off season?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: if I have a seasonal business do I have to pay inventory subscription on off season]

if I have a seasonal business do I have to pay inventory subscription on off season

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @ramillerag-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

We don't have a "pause" or "defer" feature for Square subscriptions. At this time, we suggest unsubscribing from Square subscriptions when you aren't using them (in the off season) to avoid being charged. You can view your subscription billing details from Pricing & Subscriptions on your Square Dashboard. You can unsubscribe from subscription services at any time by clicking Cancel Service.

If you remove any subscription services, including your free trial, we will discontinue your subscription for that service on the first of the following month. You will continue to have access to that service through the end of the current month.

***For the Square for Retail subscription in particular, you will not lose any of your item information (unit costs) for temporarily canceling your subscription.

Let me know if you have any questions about this! 💡

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

***For the Square for Retail subscription in particular, you will not lose any of your item information (unit costs) for temporarily canceling your subscription.

If I unsubscribe off season, how does the reporting work?

Will data from the past season be viewable only when subscribed?

And if not, will the data/reporting capabilities for past seasons be restored when I turn in on again for my short season?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @DedraJohns

If you unsubscribe to the Retail subscription, you will still have access to the historical Retail data on your reports. Any reports generated during the time of cancellation will be the basic version of them. 

Once you turn the subscription on again, you will be able to see those detailed reports from transactions taken after the activation. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4