x

If an appointment is set up for prepayment but requires approval when is the client charged?

I would like to set up appointments with prepayment required however the appointment must be approved.  if this is the case then when is the client charged?   If the answer is they are charged regardless of approval is their a way to make it only charge if the appointment is approved? I don't what to charge a client if for some reason the appointment cannot be approved.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @C21SP, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up! 👍

At this time, if you enable the prepayment requirement for appointments, your customer's card will be charged as soon as they request to book. If you decline the payment, their card will be automatically refunded.

I can see how having more control over when the card is charged would improve your customer's experience (e.g. only if you approve the appointment). While we don't have a workaround for this, I'll be sharing this post with our Product Liaison team as they're always working to improve our services based on seller feedback.

For more details on current prepayment options, have a look at our Support Center: Client Prepayment for Square Appointments.

Keep in touch for updates and let us know if you have any further questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2