x

If your dispute was decided in your favor, how long did it take?

Customer claims to have paid by other means for $1000.00 Even though the reciept says swiped and signed at 6:37 Pm and the title to the car was signed 18 mins later and not even in her email thred did she mention this. Sent all doc to square and square sent it to the bank, but right now I am out of $1000.00 and the merchandise. Hope I don't have to wait 90 Days. Rip off scheme if I ever saw one, but it was to late.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vacqueen63

Disputes are a tough thing to go through for every seller. Sorry to hear you're having to deal with this. 

Unfortunately there's no specific timeline that we can give since these situations can vary case by case. It's ultimately the card holders bank that drives the process itself, which results in such a varying time table since every bank and case is different. 

The good news is that we fight these cases on your behalf, and we'll use all of the information available to win the case so you can keep your funds. 

It can take up to 90 days like you mentioned, but we'll notify you of the result of the case as soon as we hear back from the card holders bank, so it can be resolved sooner than that. 

Here's a few articles that provide some good information around disputes and chargebacks:

Payment Disputes Walkthrough

Speeding Up the Disputes Process

Message 2 of 2