x
Beta Member

Image size for customer screen?

Does anyone know if there's a specific size photo to use for the screen the customer sees on the new Square Register? The logo I'm using now cuts off and I'd like to make a custom image that fully shows.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @marleymae, I'm sorry for the late reply! 2328 x 1144 pixels is the recommended size for images for your customer-facing display. Update: Also check out the post below where another seller used a different size successfully!

You can upload your image file by signing in to your Square Dashboard online:

1. Sign in and click Account & Settings.
  2. Click Locations > select your location.
  3. Scroll down to the section call 'Branding' and look for Point of Sale Checkout Background.
  4. Click on the thumbnail to remove your current image; click on the blue + icon to add a new image.

I've also asked our team to make it clearer in the Dashboard that the background image is your the one that appears on your customer-facing display, and not the logo section immediately above. Thanks for flagging this to us! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @marleymae, I'm sorry for the late reply! 2328 x 1144 pixels is the recommended size for images for your customer-facing display. Update: Also check out the post below where another seller used a different size successfully!

You can upload your image file by signing in to your Square Dashboard online:

1. Sign in and click Account & Settings.
  2. Click Locations > select your location.
  3. Scroll down to the section call 'Branding' and look for Point of Sale Checkout Background.
  4. Click on the thumbnail to remove your current image; click on the blue + icon to add a new image.

I've also asked our team to make it clearer in the Dashboard that the background image is your the one that appears on your customer-facing display, and not the logo section immediately above. Thanks for flagging this to us! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 16

Is there a way to preview what this image is about?  I'm not sure what image to add because I don't know where it's going to end up.

Thanks

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

Do you have a Square Register...it will show up on the side of the register that faces customers. This image appears when the screen is not sleeping, but not while you're actively ringing up a sale. I've found no way to test the image...I just upload it through the dashboard and then refresh my register to see it.

Message 4 of 16

Ah.  I don't use a register, so it'll be irrelevant to me I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Message 5 of 16

I resized my checkout screen image to the recommended size.   Still is vastly blown up on my iPhone screen.  

Message 6 of 16

These are dimensions for the Square Register front facing screen, not an iPhone screen.

Message 7 of 16

That makes sense.  Can it be sized for the iPhone screen?

Message 8 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @era 👋 I can chime in on this one. We don't have a way currently to orient the Register checkout screen image on iPhone. Is there a specific space you are looking to use your image on iPhone Point of Sale?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 16

I just purchased a Square Register and created a logo image for the Customer-Facing Display using an image size recommended by Square (2328 x 1144 px). On my Register CFD, the sides are cut-off significantly, even when I had included extra white space around the image. That caused me to search and find this thread where I find that others have had the same issue and another user recommends 1818 x 1144 px.

I'll try recreating the image with smaller dimensions, but I'm wondering why the official size doesn't work and why users have to experiment to find a size that does work. It seems that Square should know the true dimensions for their display and should publish the correct information.

Message 10 of 16

I experienced the same problem. The recommended dimensions of 2328 x 1144 pixels end up cutting off the sides of the image on the customer screen. I alter my image to 1818 x 1144 pixels and it seems to work.

Message 11 of 16
Admin

Thank you @worldcup. I've just edited my post to remind other sellers to check out yours! Appreciate it! 🙂 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 16
Super Seller

Thank you! I uploaded a new image so I could display a temporary sale "screen graphic" and it cut off the sides. I will adjust to your dimensions and reload...this sould work!

Message 13 of 16

No matter what I do to resize my png or jpeg it stretches/scales-up and cuts off the top and bottom of my logo.

Message 14 of 16
Super Seller

Are your dimensions set to 1818 x 1144 pixels? If you have access to an image editing program, you might try creating this exact size, and then float your logo within these dimensions and re-save the screen image again. Hope this helps. 

Message 15 of 16

Thank you Charlie, that worked great!

Message 16 of 16