x

Image uploading

Hi, I have added an image gallery to my website. But when I try and upload any photos, it shows the error message failed to upload, please try again. I have tried different file types but doesn't seem to be working. 

Any Advice? Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Can I just check, this is when the image is being uploaded to square.online? have you tried using a different browser? and a different device? If the issue continues to happen, feel free to continue to reach out on here as I'd love to be able to help you out.

One last question... where are the images coming from, are they from a camera/phone you own or are they stock images, this will aid me in thinking of further ways to solve this for you. 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Super Seller

Try:

relaunching the browser,

check the images are each under 10mb,

the images are saved in the JPEG/JPG format,

You have an internet connection.

once you’ve tried all this if the issue is still there reach out with more info and I’ll try to help. 

if this does help, mark it as best answer to help others with this issue in the future.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 16

Thanks for your reply. I have tried all of this. They are all in JPEG/JPG format and under 10Mb, I've also tried relaunching the browser but still no luck?

Message 3 of 16
Super Seller

Best Answer

Can I just check, this is when the image is being uploaded to square.online? have you tried using a different browser? and a different device? If the issue continues to happen, feel free to continue to reach out on here as I'd love to be able to help you out.

One last question... where are the images coming from, are they from a camera/phone you own or are they stock images, this will aid me in thinking of further ways to solve this for you. 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 16

Yes the images are being uploaded to square.online. I have tried safari instead of chrome, have tried on my iPad rather than laptop and still no luck. The images were take on my iPhone but have all been converted to JPEG files.

Message 5 of 16
Super Seller

Were the images initially taken in apple’s HEIC format rather than JPG? could you try taking them in JPG to start with, another option is you can email me on mjdphotography.onl@gmail.com and I can take a look to see what could be done, I could maybe run it through Lightroom/Photoshop to ensure it’s in the right file format and the metadata is accurate.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 6 of 16

Can anybody actually solve this issue without a personal email? Where is the support team the website goes on about before you pay? Is that just there to get the money and then when you have a problem theyre nowhere to be found? Claerly I'm not the only one to have this problem, why is there no m,ention on the support page? Does Square not care about customers after theyve paid?

Message 7 of 16
Super Seller

Square care very much about their customers, please head to https://squ.re/contact and get in touch with Square who will be able to aid you in solving your problem.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 8 of 16

I'm also having issues uploading images to my image gallery. I've had no issues in the past but in the last week I have not been able to add some images while other images do upload. The images are under 10MB and .jpg files. When I go to upload images it seems to be uploading, there's a green check mark, it blinks like it's added the image but the image does not show up. I also can no longer see previously uploaded images, it just shows the last 3 images that I was able to upload.

Is there another way to upload images or clear previously uploaded images?

I've cleared my cache, I've tried another browser, I've added a new page and image gallery but still no luck. The images are my own images as well and I'm working on my laptop.

Message 9 of 16
Admin

So sorry to hear you're running into this @gw123! You've done everything I'd have recommended, from clearing cache & cookies to trying on different browser. 

I know we did have a bug recently regarding images not appearing, but this should have been fixed so this sound like a different issue. 

If you haven't already, I recommend getting in touch with us directly so that a member of our Square Online team can dig into this further with you. This way, the team can look at your account with you and help make adjustment in real time. You can contact them by clicking here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 10 of 16

Ok I will do that, thanks.

Message 11 of 16

So I worked with a few ECOM support members for about 4.5 hrs yesterday. The first person was on with me for 15 minutes, asked me for files so that they could see what they could do. Told me that they would be back in a moment and that to keep the live conversation open they would need to be the last message written. So I left it at that and didn't message then I waited and waited.

After 2 hrs I still didn't hear back so I messaged to check in. At that point another support member came on. The first member left me hanging. I had to start all over and explain the issue again. Couldn't give me any assistance but told me I had too many images in my image gallery. I then asked if there was a way to remove unused uploaded images and was told they could delete for me or they could send me the steps. I asked for the steps and a link was provided. Conversation was ended although there was no resolution on why images weren't uploading. I went to the link and it was just a forum discussing the topic of not being able to delete uploaded images...

I started up the live chat again where a 3rd member came on. Right away this member was more helpful than the other 2 members. I was told that I should be able to add 50 images per gallery no matter what and was nowhere near that so they asked for my file to try themselves and had no problem uploading and could also see all previously uploaded images. I had tried multiple times earlier in the day and had no luck. This member asked me to try another browser which I mentioned I had tried that already. The member then asked me to check my upload speed which I did and was not the issue. I then went back to try uploading and of course it worked and all other previous images were also visible again. Issue seemed to be resolved but we didn't know what the issue actually was.

Today I tried and the same issue of not being able to upload and see previously uploaded images is happening again... Not sure what's going on. I've tried on MAC and PC and same issue. Does anyone have any ideas of what's going on?

Message 12 of 16

I'm having issues too - I can upload images but the top is cut off.  If I change the ratio the sides are cut off.  My files are JPEG n=and under 10mb, images are of my art work so clearly this isn't acceptable.

Message 13 of 16

dude, edit image can zoom in and out and even straighten up slant

Message 14 of 16

same problemdoesn't upload from phone app have to do it on desktop.

Message 15 of 16

I think you must try Adobe Lightroom for your photos, download it and run your photos through it. Have the proper JPG format and you should edit the metadata. Have proper size and resolution and try to upload them from your PC.

Message 16 of 16