x

Import Invoices

Is there a way to import data for invoices?  Meaning, I have a .CSV file with customer name, phone number, email, and the item that each person has to be invoices, and prices.  Is there a way to import all this, rather than having to create manually each invoice?

For example, I am part of a Ministry, and we have Google Forms that we all fill out to serve for the next retreat.  I am wondering if there is a way to IMPORT this into invoices.

Thanks in advance!

-Alex

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, 

While you can import your customers and their information into your Customer Directory for use with your invoices in the future, you're not able to automatically pull or import items, services, or pricing to the invoices directly. 

You'll need to generate a manual invoice for each customer. If the customers have the same invoice multiple times, you can setup a recurring invoice that sends automatically. This way, you'll only need to create the invoice once. 

Check out this article on setting up recurring invoices and let me know if it's a good solution for you:

Create a Recurring Invoice Series

Message 2 of 6

I would really like this functionality as well.  Typing in each invoice manually is quite time consuming.

Message 3 of 6

I too would like to see a function to "bulk" invoice clients.

I have many invoices for the same amount with the same terms that I need to invoice seperate customers for. Manually entering them is tiresome:)

Message 4 of 6

Another vote for being able to import invoice line items.  We have a spreadsheet that logs incoming items that are later invoiced to clients.  We need the spreadsheet for tracking meta data and reporting that square does not contain and that is typically not associted with invoicing.  The process of turning this log into invoices is very time consuming and error prone.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @ctxscuba

Welcome to the Community! 

I appreciate you taking the time to add your vote to the Feature Request for importing invoices. Recently, the Feature Request process has changed, so Square can better keep track of these requests from our sellers. 

When you have a moment, could you head over to our Ideate Board? There you can search to see if the request has been added & add your name to it or you can submit it as a new request. 

Our Product Team can evaluate it from there. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6