x

Importing/Exporting Customer Info

Is there a way to export customer information and then import it to a new account? We have a salon and boutique and have 2 seperate square accounts. Im just trying to save some time instead of having to input everything again.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Yes you can in the online dashboard just click on customers and you will see the export import button on the right.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Yes you can in the online dashboard just click on customers and you will see the export import button on the right.

Message 2 of 14

will exporting the customers erase them? or is it kinda like copy & paste. Im afraid to export the customers and loose all the information. 

Message 3 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

No, it just downloads a copy of them in a .csv file.

Message 4 of 14

How do I import contacts from phone

Message 5 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @kritquilt

You can import customers directly to your Directory. Here are the steps to do so. Also, I moved your post to a similar thread for where other sellers were working on the same thing. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 14

So when trying to import the customers from the CSV file, it asks me, as it should, to categorise each of the collums in the file.  Well the issue is the system is putting everything into the first collum and not separating them out, so when I actually did import them, I had to delete them again because their first, last, phone, email, and company were all under their first name in the finished product.  Any one have any idea why it is doing this?

I even tried exporting my current list, matching my wanted import list with the exported list (based on the collums quare exported them as) and it is still not importing correctly at all...

Message 7 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

Very strange, this could be a browser issue?  Try a different one like chrome and see what happens.   

Message 8 of 14

Using chrome currently. this is how it looks when i try to import

"Tom;Jones;555-830-1566;TomJonesAndCo;0;$0" 

its trying to put all of this into the first name section and gives no options to put the other info into any other section... 

Message 9 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

You need to export your .csv into a coma "," separation, not a semicolon ";".  Do that and then it will work fine.

"Tom,Jones,555-830-1566,TomJonesAndCo,0,$0" 
Message 10 of 14

I started setting up my customer directory via the app. When I got home, I exported the list I had, added the rest and am now trying to import, but keep getting an "Extra Quotation" error and it won't import. Help please!

Message 11 of 14

Quotation Error - I received the same error code when importing from Excel.  Save your import file as a CSV file specifically.  In Excel, choose to Save -As, then file type CSV  (or Excel Comma Separated Values File  -- not Excel Worksheet . xls)

Message 12 of 14

I’m scared to use the export feature, will it delete my customer list in square? Help, not very tech savvy!

Message 13 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mysupersox! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

It will not delete anything so no worries there!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 14