x
Beta Member

Importing Items into square that have variants?

We have a lot of items that have varients. Think Shirts with different sizes. I can export those items to a spreadsheet from our current system. How can I then import them into square a mark the items as a variant of another item

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Jeff-Kelly, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up. You can include variants with our item import feature. Find more details in our Support Center: Import Items Online.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction; let us know if anything else comes up. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

I read through all of that but it didnt answer my initial question.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @Jeff-Kelly, apologies for the confusion.

It sounds like you should be able to import the variants (e.g. shirt sizes) with our item import tool — if you're adding the item details from a third party, you will need to enter them into our template.

If this doesn't clear things up, I would suggest contacting a team member directly — we can then have a closer look at your account settings and provide further guidance.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 6

I'm trying to import my items using the downloaded Square template, but I can't see how to add sizes either.

There is no header for sizes.  I thought maybe I could put the size under the Variation Name heading but when I tried to import my spread sheet it was rejected, saying that all Variation names had to be the same

Message 5 of 6

Hello @DetailsHaymarke! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with uploading your library. 

If you're selling a clothing item the size options would go under the variation column option. So if you're adding a variation to an item it would go on the next row with the same information under the item name. 

Just a tip! If this is your first time using our Import/Export tool I recommend making one item on the Square Dashboard and then exporting your library so you can see how the information populates in the CSV or Excel file. 🙂

Message 6 of 6