x

In Virtual Terminal, why are there no settings for tax ?

I like using Virtual Terminal, but unlike using an ipad or cellphone, I have not been able to add a tax setting. When I add tax to the total, I am charged the percentage on the full total and the receipt does not show a breakdown.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! You can now add items and taxes to Virtual Terminal payments! Head over to this Product Update thread for more details: Virtual Terminal: Add Items, Taxes, and Discounts to a Sale.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

The virtual terminal is just a stop-gap way to take payments on a computer and isn't a substitute for Square POS.  You just type in a lumps sum payment and can't attribute it to any specific item and also can't assign it a tax.  You will be charged your Square rate on the full total whether there is tax added to your total or not just like in Square POS.  It is best to use Square POS on a Smartphone or tablet or iPad as that is the full experience for Square.

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! You can now add items and taxes to Virtual Terminal payments! Head over to this Product Update thread for more details: Virtual Terminal: Add Items, Taxes, and Discounts to a Sale.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3