x

In store coupon

Is there a way to create a custom coupon for someone in the store? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi there. 

While there isn't a way to create In Store Coupons, our Customer Engagement products allow you to set up email campaigns to send customers offers and coupons alike. 

You can check out more in this feature in this Help Center Article

Message 2 of 11

yeah I knew that, but that's not what I was looking for.

Message 3 of 11
Square

Hi again @bigaxe. Would you mind sharing more details? Do you mean you'd like to create a coupon that can be printed off and handed to a customer for a future purchase? I'd love to better understand your request. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 11

Yes, that's what I'm looking for - is there a way to do a coupon like or give a code to a person and not give it to everyone on the email list...

Message 5 of 11

Hey @bigaxe, currently the only coupon we offer is through Square Marketing emails. You can create a custom group so the coupon is sent to only a few people. This action can be done from the Customers tab on the Square Dashboard

I think having the ability to create physical coupons is an interesting suggestion. We currently don't offer this, but I will make sure to pass this request along to our product team

You've had almost the whole team on one post! We just need @Tom and @Russell now. 😀

Message 6 of 11

I'm on looking for this same option.  A coupon was sent to the customer through the marketing, but expired before she could use it.  I've agreed to extend the date, but I'm not able to enter in the code since it's expired.  In Store coupons would be VERY helpful.  I don't want to send her another one as she already took the item; I figured I could figure out how to enter it in after the fact.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Admin

Hi @Donica_L! 👋 It sounds like you want to give your customer a coupon to use again another time? Or would you prefer a way to override a coupon's expiration date in order to honor the reward in edge cases? Any additional information will help our product team to understand your workflow and improve Square!

In the meantime you can create discounts and apply them to any sale (granted your customer would have to mention the discount to you when they returned to the store).

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 11

I'd be looking to override the expiration date on a coupon.  I'd want to be able to still track that with the rest of the promotion, etc.  I can create the discount, but it doesn't document the same way then.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 11
Admin

Understood! Thank you again @Donica_L!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 11
Super Seller

I am looking to add an IN STORE (Retail) coupon also.   Basically set up an item UPC code and have the price be a negative or a % off so that when I do print magazines coupons people can bring them in for us to scan.  I have a retail shop in a vacation area and advertise in different hotels and other magazines.  This is more so for 1st time clients that are new to the area, so I can not send them text or email coupons.  When people come in currently with a coupon I apply the discount, but would love to be able to scan the coupon to see which magazines etc. do better for advertising.  So basically I would want to be able to scan the coupon and have it pointed to a discount instead of an item.   Then I could create a Discount labeled Newspaper, Ad Book, Resort A..B..C etc.... so next year I can see which advertising codes were used.  Currently my discount code just goes to the same amount of the discount for all forms of print advertising.  So at the end of a year that discount shows it was used XXXX times but is not letting me know where the customer saw the add.    I can not use the Square coupons for Online since my online site is not through Square but another web hosting company.   Most other POS devices can have a area to apply a printed coupon with a barcode why can't this be available in Square?

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 11 of 11