x

Individual Item Commission

How would I go about setting up individual commission for different items on Square?

For instance, most services are 50% commission.
Item sales are only 10% commission.

It doesn't seem there's a way to differentiate?

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

I would like to know also.

Message 2 of 17

Or I need to have some items without commission.

Message 3 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hello @JollyRoger and welcome to our Seller Community! 

You can definitely have different commission rates for Services and Items. 

You can learn more about setting up commissions here.

You will find that you can set up commissions for services by team member (in case each team member earns a different commission) and below you'll be able to add commissions for items sold. 

Let me know if that works for you. 

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 17

That doesn't answer the question. All commissions you reference in your link only apply to team members, not items. I want all of my team members to earn the same commission, but only on certain items.

Message 5 of 17

Hello @summit68 and welcome to our Seller Community! 

While setting up commissions, you will find that you can set up commissions for services, and below you'll be able to add commissions for items sold. 

It's two different sections, but you'll want to work in the second one to set up commissions for items. 

Let me know if you are able to find the section mentioned above. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 6 of 17

Sorry, I don't see it. A screenshot?

Message 7 of 17

Hello @summit68

In this case, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly so they can walk you through the process or help you figure out why the option is not available for you; you can contact them here.

Thank you!

Frances
Message 8 of 17

So, it's not possible. See attached.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 2.34.49 PM.png

Message 9 of 17
Beta Member

Is there a way to have different commission rates per item or service. not a global commission?

Message 10 of 17

how do I categorize the purchase of hair separate from the application of the hair extensions?  the trouble I just ran into was that the purchase of hair is under items and the category is hair for hair extensions , that is to have no commission given for this purchase but all items are set to have 10% commissions to my employees.

The title of this thread has been edited from the original by a Community Moderator to help with searching threads. 

Message 11 of 17

Hey there @tbmdonna If you could please provide a bit more context to the question you're asking, we'll be able to better point you in the right direction here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community

JJ
Message 12 of 17

On my menu of hair extension services and the purchase of the hair needed for doing the service is where I believe I'm having an issue.  We aren't suppose to get a 10% commission on buying the hair, but because its under items there has been given the 10% comm. sales.  Commission is only to be paid on installation of the hair extensions..

Message 13 of 17

Thank you so much for clarifying this @tbmdonna At this time commission rates are set on the Team Member level and they are based on Items or Services. 

Example: Team Member 1 has a Commission Rate set for 10% Items and 20% Services this means that all items being checkout by this Team Member will have a 10% commission, with no exceptions.

I hope this information makes sense and if you want to learn more about Commission Tracking you can here.

JJ
Message 14 of 17

It seems like having different commissions paid per item/ per team member per item would be a simple task for the team at Square to make available to our community (it’s customers, our community that make them money by paying a monthly fees along with processing fees, and other fees) please square team pay more attention to what your customers need from your software! 

Message 15 of 17

Wow I'm actually quite surprised its been almost 2 years and they haven't added this feature yet. This is a shame. I will actually have to look for another provider to process my invoices from now on due to this being a missing feature - this limits my company significantly from expansion as I cannot get Square to operate with a sales team.

Message 16 of 17

I also think this is essential, and am using another service for my invoicing now - good job square you've lost my business due to your incompetency of listening to your customers. This thread has been active for 2 years now and you still haven't listened.

Message 17 of 17