x

Square Appointments: I can't add the 'Book' button to my Instragram business account

Hi I tried every possible way to make the book button on my Instagram business account and I can’t. 

Message 1 of 203
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again, @MtLaurel 👋 This should be under "Appointments for Square", as shown in the screenshot below

Screenshot 2023-12-19 12.50.23 PM.png

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 182 of 203

Best Answer

Hi @utpmiami - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

I suggest starting out with these troubleshooting steps:

When you’ve synced Square Appointments with Meta for Business, you may receive an Admin Permission Required message. This error occurs when the admin of a Facebook Business page or Instagram Business profile requires admin access to the Facebook Business Manager account to make changes.

For a staff/team member trying to connect, they will need to enable the permissions set via Facebook Business Manager. To do so, go to Account & Settings > Manage subscriptions to Square services.

• For Add-on Businesses, access Facebook Support — this will provide an email and chat option.
  • For Admin Permissions issue, select the Selecting and connecting assets topic.

To get admin access granted to add a Book Now Button, visit the Meta Business Help Center, particularly this help article: Add People to a Business Account and Add a Business Asset.

If this doesn't improve things,
please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 185 of 203
202 REPLIES 202

Mine just let me connect finally! Try it out! 

Message 85 of 203

I’ve always had square linked to my Instagram page. I noticed other day it wasn’t working / gone. So I deleted and went to put it back in again. The option for square is not available when I go to chose a booking system. Everything else is, Vagaro, booksy, Acuity etc.  Has anyone else had this issue? I still see some pages with book available and it’s with square. So I’m confused as to what I’m doing wrong. 

Message 86 of 203

Hey @EtsyJen,

I moved your post to an existing thread where I answered/updated on this option not showing on Instagram.

Check out my Best Answer on the first page for more details. 

Our engineering is hoping to have it rolled out within the next few weeks.

Ashley C
Message 87 of 203

I used to have the book button on my instagram, somehow it disappeared and when I can't find it on my (add button settings) it would usually read, Appointments by square. 

so when I try to relink square with ig, in my appointments settings of square, 

it says "instagram coming soon" I thought it was already something that was implemented. 

any clues as to why?

thanks!

FF
Message 88 of 203

Hi, I’ve seen a thread about there being an issue with Instagram button that square doesn’t come up as an option so unable to continue. Has this been fixed yet ??

Message 89 of 203

Hey @Casscook,

I moved your post to the existing thread where I provided more information/details about this. 

Ashley C
Message 90 of 203

It is not working yet right? I though I was doing something wrong, that may be the only answer why this is not working, in the add action button it doesn't show the Appointments by Square, it show a lot of other companies but not yours :(:(

Message 91 of 203

Hey @sobetan,

You're correct that it isn't available yet.

I'll be sure to update the thread once engineering tells us it's available again. 

Thanks for hanging in there. 

Ashley C
Message 92 of 203

Hey ! Any update on this?

Message 93 of 203
Alumni

@theroombyk,

No update at the moment. Please keep an eye on your email inbox or dashboard notifications for any future announcements. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 94 of 203

I’m having the same issue, can you send me to the thread?

Message 95 of 203

How do I get to the existing thread w the Best Answer? I had the Book w Square option & accidentally deleted it and now it’s not available anymore. How do I get it back?

Message 96 of 203
Alumni

Hi @Melodygt,

I've gone ahead and linked the beginning of the thread here. We will update it once we have more information. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 97 of 203

I still can’t find the option. I found it one time & but then I think I accidentally deleted it. Now I can’t find the Booking by Square option anymore 

Message 98 of 203

Go to edit profile, then scroll down to edit contact info. Then select the square scheduling option. It is indeed back!

Message 99 of 203

Has anyone fix the issues with linking square booking to Instagram????????

Message 100 of 203

The BOOK button was enabled on my Instagram for a while now. All of a sudden it stopped working. So I took it of and then tired to re link the app and "square" is not an option anymore. I tried googling what was up with this and can not find any info. Also tried messaging square and no answer back. This is very frustrating as I have gotten a lot of my clients to book their haircut appointments this way. All of a sudden I looking in appointments dashboard, went to online booking then booking sites and Instagram book button just says "coming soon" please advise what is going on so I know. No emails or info was shared with me. 

Message 101 of 203

Good day. I have Instagram Business account and I added Book now button. It's visible and working from my page only! No other accounts can see it. 
What can be a problem?

Message 102 of 203

Hi @Maria_Tattoo and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already about the book now button troubleshooting.

Check out the Best Answer above for details on how to check the steps and reach out to our Appointments team if need be to take a closer look.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 103 of 203

I am having issues locating the “Appointments by Square" button in Instagram.

I have a business profile and my Square Appointments online booking site is turned on.

Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/bio.skin.aesthetics/

To receive bookings through Instagram:

1. Go to your business profile on Instagram and tap Edit Profile.
  2. Click Business Information, then Contact Options.
  3. Tap the Add an action button and select “Appointments by Square.”  
  4. Add your Square Appointments online booking site URL.
Message 104 of 203

Same I have been waiting 2 months for them to integrate it back into Instagram. 

Message 105 of 203