x

Instagram post content and date showing

Hi,

I'm a fairly new user of square online. I went to check the website on my mobile and when I click on an item, it shows my instagram post description and also the date of the post. Can I remove them? If yes, how?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi @Lekuceramics - I should be able to help shine a light here! 💡

It sounds like you're asking about the item description that appears when you click on one of the images from this page - is that right? I hopped over to Instagram's Help pages, and they state the following about how this integration is intended to function:

When someone taps a product tag on your post or a product sticker in your story, they'll be taken to a product description page where they will see:

- An image of the product from your post

- A description of the product

- How much the product costs

- A link that takes them directly to your website, where they can purchase the product

It looks like this integration is currently working as intended, and that the information you see pulled from Instagram to this page won't be editable. This guide should help if you have other questions about setting up Instagram Shopping 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thanks Valentina for your reply. I was hoping that there’s a way to not show the IG post and all those hashtags 🙂 but if this is not possible, it’s no biggie.

cheers

Levanna

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Not at this time, @Lekuceramics - if I hear of Instagram making any changes to this integration, I'll be sure to drop an update and tag you here! 😌

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Thank you!

Message 5 of 5