x
Beta Member

Installments program question

I just went through the Square installments setup, pretty exciting idea.

Are there any limitations on what can be financed?  In my case, I sell a lot of used and vintage instruments as well as do a lot of repair.  I've seen some finance companies do not like used items for financing.  Are all of these things good to go for the installments?

If a customer is interested in something but only if they would get approved, would sending them an invoice for the total sale and let them apply from the invoice be a good way to do it?  I am thinking we could always cancel the invoice if it didn't work out.  Thinking it might be 'cleaner' and easier if they don't want to do it in store, then and there.

Are online sales from other states OK?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square

Hi @cmusicshop ! Thanks for posting, it looks like your questions along with more helpful information can be answered in this article: Square Installments FAQs For Business

Please let me know if anything remains unclear! 

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks.  I didn't see my business' types of sales listed in the 'excluded' list so I guess that I'm good there.

As for the invoicing, I didn't see my specific question addressed, I guessing I can just try it out and see how that works.  I envision my approach as being something that would work better in some cases where the invoiced items are clearly listed for the customer's purpose in applying.

Message 3 of 4
Square

hey again @cmusicshop! The Installment options - and their differences - are outlined online, and we can’t best advise how your business may benefit from these options. If you have specific questions regarding how invoicing works, we’d be happy to help! Also, if you would like, you can go ahead and give it a try and let us know if you have follow up questions too.

Message 4 of 4