x
Admin

Instant Transfer: Which Cards are Supported?

How do I know if my debit card will be supported for Instant Transfer?

Can I use my Prepaid Card?

Is there a list of supported debit cards?

What do I do if my debit card is not supported?

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 63
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Instant transfer allows for Square Sellers to have their funds deposited and made available to them immediately.

While we don’t have a list of supported cards to share, instant transfer works with most standard, U.S.-issued Visa or MasterCard debit cards. These debit cards should be issued by a bank or credit union, and linked to a transactional checking account. 

This means that Credit cards, ATM, PayPal, or prepaid bank cards are not supported.

Instant transfer uses a variety of card networks to send funds instantly. So for every debit card, both the card network and bank must be set up to receive funds instantly.

The only way to truly know if your debit card is supported is to attempt to link your card, and card compatibility can change.

We're always working to include more card options; which is to say, even if your card isn't supported now, that may not always be the case! I'll also add that if your card is unsupported and you have more than one debit card, we encourage you to try linking additional cards, as these may be successful.

For more details and information, check out our Support Center article: instant transfer

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 63
62 REPLIES 62

What bank did you end up using?

Message 43 of 63

Has anyone on here had success with instant deposit using a pre paid debit card that IS linked to a bank account but is still considered "pre paid" because you can purchase it at Walmart? I'm curious because my bank does not support instant deposit & I really need to instantly deposit some funds this weekend.

Message 44 of 63

Hi @speakmountain

It's worth trying, but it doesn't sound like that card would be compatible since the card needs to be issuing by a bank or credit union, and tied to a fully transactional bank account. 

Message 45 of 63

I know this is an old thread but i've been having nothing but issues after 14 months of no problems.My baNK IS APPARENTLY NO LONGER SUPPORTED WITH SQUARE. So i did some research and CHIME Banking works like a dream. JUST WANTED TO THROW THAT OUT THERE IN CASE BY SOME CHANCE SOMEONE ELSE IS SEEKING THIS INFO,  Paypal also works, even though they tell you it doesn't. Square is owned by paypal.

Message 46 of 63
Alumni

Hey @littlemissyu2 - Thank you for sharing your experience here.

Just a quick clarification that Square is not owned by Paypal and we are two separate companies. We also do not officially support Chime or PayPal prepaid debit cards so while you may find that it works now, we are unable to guarantee that they will always work in the future.

Hope that clears things up! Please let us know if you have any other questions 🙂 

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 47 of 63

I successfully linked my Union Bank Card thru Instant Deposit.  However, I have been having some real problems.  Apparently, Union Bank does not allow Instant Deposits; it still has to go thru a 24 hour processing system.

I had no issues whatsoever with Wells Fargo.  I'm thinking of switching banks.

Nathan

Message 48 of 63
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Problems with Instant Deposit”

I went ahead and moved your post here @ BGCF57A. EJ posted some useful information about which debit cards are supported with Instant Deposits.

Also, in our Support Center there is a list of cards that Square sellers have had strong success linking and using Instant Deposits with. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 49 of 63

How do I get my debt card supported for the instant deposit 

Message 50 of 63

If you're looking for a card that you can get for free and link to square to receive instant direct deposit I found one at the first ticket. I am currently using this card to receive instant direct deposits with Square. I've tried so many cards like account now, Green Dot, and lots of others but could not succeed with instant deposit this is the only card I found besides a regular bank that will allow direct deposit and it can be gotten here get $50 just for signing up

Message 51 of 63

I need to open my account and put my card information in

Message 52 of 63

Hi @296184 and welcome to the Seller Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread on Instant Deposit and supported cards.

See the posts above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 53 of 63
Beta Member

I cannot deposit my funds to the account please get back to me and let me know what is going on I just went to the bank and the bank told me my card is good and everything should be working

Message 54 of 63

Hey @orlandotirerepa,

We don't have access to account specifics here from the Community in order to assist you here.

If you haven't received any emails from our Account Services team regarding your funds and the instant transfer shows as sent from our end- it would be on your bank to make sure it's processed as we do release it right away with instant transfers.

You can contact our direct CS team for trace information to take to your bank.

Ashley C
Message 55 of 63

My new debit card is not linked for instant transfer.

Message 56 of 63
Alumni

Hi there @Baby6 - you can link a debit card by following these steps!

If you need some 1-on-1 help from our Support team with this, please reach out directly by heading here.

Valentina
Message 57 of 63

My receiver not receive my money, I would like refund the money 

How to insert the filet 

Message 58 of 63

Hello @WeiChew

Welcome to our Seller community! 

Are you wondering how to refund your customer? Take a look here at how you can get that done. If that is not what you need, can we please get more details related to your question? Also, feel free to contact us directly. 

Thanks, we will be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 59 of 63

Link my debit card

Message 60 of 63

Hello @rjhibler1,

Thanks for reaching out. I am happy to help. Can you provide some more details so I can better assist? 

Message 61 of 63

I no longer use the card in my instant transfers but the only other cards I have are debit cards from Cash App and PayPal, which the app says is not supported and there is no way to delete the bad card from my account. Why can’t I use the cards I have? I do not want to open an account just to get another card. They work fine everywhere else.

Message 62 of 63

Hi @dsmith429 - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Many different debit cards are supported with Instant Transfer. However, credit cards, ATM, PayPal, or prepaid bank cards aren’t supported right now. If you have trouble with a card, you can try linking a different debit card or you can count on your deposits being sent with next-day transfers.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 63 of 63