x

Instant transfer for new sellers

As a new user, I see that the instant transfer is limited to $500 dollars.  However after reading this thread I'm a bit confused.  Let's say I have a total balance of $1500 for the day.  Can I still request an instant transfer, and expect the $500 dollars to be deposited instantly, and the rest on the regular 1-2 business day schedule?  Or am I to understand that because my balance is above the $500 new user dollar limit, I'm essentially inelligible for the instant transfer and no money is available via instant transfer. 

Thanks in advance.

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Message 1 of 30
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Instant deposit for new users

There are a number of qualifiers for instant deposit, first, you need to link a debit card so that the money can be transferred "instantly" a bank account doesn't work with direct deposit. 

Here are other tips for direct deposit, and here is an instant deposit FAQ

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can instant transfer what every amount is stated and the rest will be deposited as usual.  As you grow your account the amount you can instant transfer can change.  Just know there is a fee to do it.  

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “First transaction”

@asm2277 It's not possible to change the amount of a deposit in order to use the Instant Deposit feature. As mentioned by Russell above, your funds will automatically be deposited according to the Next Business Day Deposit Schedule

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 30

I am new to Square. I have made 2 deposits and used 1 instant deposit in the amount of 270. I just charged a customer 755 and it will not allow for instant deposit....i need the money asap to complete the job...what can I do? Customer service is closed.

Message 23 of 30
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JennyBay

Welcome to the Seller Community!

I've moved your post over to this existing thread, as a few of your fellow sellers had the same question. 

New sellers will be limited to one Instant Deposit up to $500. As you run and grow your business with Square, a higher daily deposit amount may become available.

Message 24 of 30

Received a deposit of 1650 it says it's only letting me deposit 500 I need it all to move forward with the order

Message 25 of 30

Hi @ablinds20,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community around new seller limits.

You can check the best answers on the first page and the discussion throughout for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 30

So what If you don’t instant deposit anything the full amount will be deposited ?

Message 27 of 30

@ablinds20 Correct!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 30

I need to know how do I get my money the same day and I can link my account debit card to this 

Message 29 of 30
Admin

Hello @Fsintco1! I moved your question over here so that you can read up on our Instant Transfer option. Instant transfer allows you to receive your funds right away!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 30 of 30