x

Feature request: Custom Inventory Adjustment reasons

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Inventory Adjustment Reasons

While I am very thankful for the in-app inventory tracking, the options for adjusting seem to lack a few. Could we make that customizable to meet specific needs? In my opinion Damage, Theft, Loss are pretty much the same, however I need an option for “Store Use” or “Transfer” (out for the most part as transfer in can be considered stock received, I suppose.)

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Alumni

Hi @VVP - Thanks for sharing this request! Do you use Point of Sale or Square Retail? This will help me share this feedback with the appropriate team. 

Message 2 of 44

I use Square POS and need a Store Use reason for Loss added. That would be tremendously helpful.

Message 3 of 44
Alumni

I've added your feedback @ccvapesfreedom! Thanks for sharing that you use POS.

Message 4 of 44

Yes, my store also could really, really, really use a "Store Use" option among the reasons for adjusting inventory counts.

Message 5 of 44

I would also like to vote for a Store Use catagory! I've been trying to figure out which would be better to track inventory items i use in store. Should I ring them up and discount them 100% or just manually adjust inventory? 

Having a Store Use option would be soooooo helpful!  Or even just a way to manually type a reason....

Message 6 of 44

Yes agree - being able to manually type in inventory adjustments would be great (ie item put to use as a tester etc).

I would also like to be able to make a note associated with each inventory adjustment so that when I look back on my inventory I can see why I adjusted it, with more information than just a category selection.

Message 7 of 44
Alumni

Hi @LipsAmore - Thanks for chiming in! I want to confirm you're using POS (and not Retail) so I can properly track this!

Message 8 of 44

Yes POS. 

Message 9 of 44

I also could use a store use item in inventory adjustment.  How are others tracking now?  If I do it as a comp, it seems it will affect taxes?  Not sure though...

Message 10 of 44
Admin

Hey @Donica_L! Hopefully another seller can share if they're finding the comp function useful for samples.

In the meantime, I wasn't sure what you were asking about taxes? If you can clarify I'd be happy to help! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 11 of 44

YES! please. 

"Store Use" would be super helpful.  So too would 'sold individually'

I use POS. 

Message 12 of 44

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How can I add an inventory stock adjustment reason, such as donation or gift?

How can I add an inventory stock adjustment reason, such as donation or gift?

Message 13 of 44
Admin

@simplyyours At this time it's not possible to enter a custom stock adjustement reason but it's a request we've heard before in this thread

Can you reply here to share a bit more about your business and perhaps how often you receive stock/itesm as donations/gifts? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 44

I need this as well. Not everything we remove is loss or damage. Sometimes it’s donation or store use. Any hope?

Message 15 of 44

Yes! Donation, In Store Use or Store Sample would all be great additions

Message 16 of 44

Hi yes 

I would also like to know how to adjust stock for a donation  or raffle prizes instead of just stock recount. 

Cheers Charlie 

Message 17 of 44

Would like to add my name to the list wishing there were a better way to track items removed from inventory for store use (testers etc.)

Message 18 of 44
Beta Member

Add me among the number who would like to be able to adjust inventory for sample/tester/store use. I ring up and comp donation items but I don't want to do that when moving inventory to be a tester because it will mess up my year end reports. I use POS. 

Message 19 of 44
Square Community Moderator

I really hear where you are coming from here. This is still a great feature request! 

As far as transferring inventory, that is a feature we do offer with Square for Retail. You are able to transfer stock from one location to another, but the items will not be marked as a loss for the store they are being transferred from. They will show up in your inventory history as a stock action. 

Within the POS app, this is still a feature request that I understand the need for. However; if you are looking for more detailed inventory management, I would strongly encourage you to check out Square for Retail to see if it is a good fit for your business at this time :). 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 44
Beta Member

Also upvoting this! We would love to be able to transfer inventory out for store use. Using Square for Retail.

Message 21 of 44