x

Inventory: I need Low Stock alerts to show in the Point of Sale app

Inventory: I need Low Stock alerts to show in the Point of Sale app

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Low Inventory alert in POS needed!!!

Hi Sqaure Team

the Current POS has no feature of setup/change the low inventory alert in item setting. 

please add these feature.  as we are a wine shop, this feature will add a great value to it. 

also, if you can generate a weekly report for only low inventory items report, that will be very helpful for us to re-stock items. 

thanks

25 Comments
Super Seller Alumni

Hi @douglastonwine,  You are correct that you cannot change the inventory alerts in the app but you can in the online dashboard.  

If you have the email notification turned on you will get a daily report of low or out of stock items.

You can also pull report,  You can do this a couple ways.  On the Items page in the Dashboard you can sort All inventroy, low stock or out of stock.  You can then print this report.   You can also export your item list to a spreadsheet and sort the qty column.  This will provide you with low or out of stock items.

You can also print a weekly item sales report.  This will show what you have sold and you can restock off of that.

I have a related problem.  We're a bookstore which brings Square to school book fairs.  Many schools don't sell their final copy of a title and instead take backorders so that customers can still browse all available books.  It's difficult to know in a busy book fair when someone is bringing the last copy of the book to check-out.  Is there a way to have an immediate stock alert appear on the screen when we scan the last copy?  I know the information is easily accessible when we reorder, but it would be great to have it at the actual point of sale.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hello @DJbookfairs! I just want to say I got really nostalgic about visiting the book fair in Elementary and Middle School after reading your post. I remember it being the week of school that I actually looked forward to during the year. 😃  📚

Currently we don't have an alert in the Point of Sale app when you reach your low stock threshold. I can definitely see this being beneficial to businesses that likes to keep a display item or even if it's extremely busy an in app warning would be helpful. I'll make sure to pass this feature request along to our Inventory Team! 🙂

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  Live Inventory Tracking Features

Hello. I’m aware Square has an inventory tracking feature, but I was wondering if there were any plans down the pipeline to make the inventory tracking feature better? Currently, there are no alerts that prompt you at the pos that an item is running low or out of stock. I help manage a food truck where we always know how much product we have on hand for certain items on our food truck. It would be extremely helpful during times when we have large crowds to receive alerts on screen telling us a particular item is getting low or out of stock. For example, a pop up that says you currently have 5 pretzels remaining. This would allow us to verify with our team as to whether we are indeed almost out so we don’t sell too many of an item we don’t have. Are there any plans down the road for more of a live-tracking inventory feature such as this?

Thanks!

Admin

Thank you for your post @oldedixie and for letting us know how you'd use in-app low/out of stock notifications for your food truck. 

At this time you can set up low-stock alerts to be notified by email when a particular item goes below a specific threshold. But I absolutely see how you wouldn't have time to check your emails when you're dealing with a lunch/dinner rush! 

I don't have a timeline to share right this minute on when an in-app notification might be available but we'll update this thread to let you know about any developments. I'm adding your post here so the Inventory team can track this request and see how different businesses would benefit from this.

Thank you, Helen.  

Yes, please!  I've posted before about the need for low stock alert at POS.  We have a school book fair business, and it would be very helpful.  Currently, the school has to mark every last copy in every pile of books so that checkout knows when the last copy is being sold.  Some of our fairs carry up to 800 titles: that's 800 books that have to be stickered or bookmarked.  It's a hassle for the volunteers who work the fairs.  And it puts our business at a competitive disadvantage against other book fair companies which offer an automatic alert at checkout.  We'll be so happy  when you add this!

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: I need help getting my low inventory printouts to show the upc number along with the description

My low inventory alerts currently come up as just the items title. Can I get it to come up with the upc number as well. My distributors do re orders off of upc numbers so currently we are have to manually go through the catalog for every re order.

Admin

@419outdoors You're right, the low stock alert emails currently only include the item name, there isn't a way to choose to also include the UPC/SKU. I'll share that request with the Inventory team. 

You mentioned that you're going through your catalog to pull this information? Another seller shared the steps to view and print low stock reports in this thread by exporting the Item Sales report or the Item Library from your Dashbaord. That way you can filter the report (using a spreadsheet) by low stock/UPC. I hope that helps save you some time! 

We run a Cafe and would love the feature which will alert us on the POS APP when an item is low on stock to avoid putting through orders to kitchen which cannot be for-filled. On other POS system they have a countdown on the item icon?