x

Inventory: I need Low Stock alerts to show in the Point of Sale app

Inventory: I need Low Stock alerts to show in the Point of Sale app

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Low Inventory alert in POS needed!!!

Hi Sqaure Team

the Current POS has no feature of setup/change the low inventory alert in item setting. 

please add these feature.  as we are a wine shop, this feature will add a great value to it. 

also, if you can generate a weekly report for only low inventory items report, that will be very helpful for us to re-stock items. 

thanks

25 Comments
Beta Member

Hello thread that's existed since 2017 with no resolution! I have this problem as do many other Sellers.

tagging @Pastryswan  here:

"all we need is simple notification at the POS for our walk up business when items are sold out or getting low in the inventory we are selling out of at both the walk up (POS) and the online store. Thanks!"

How long will it take for @Square  to fix this??

Beta Member

Feature request.

We need low stock and out of stock alerts on the POS.

I know there is an email at the end of the day. That doesn't solve this issue.

I know I can log into the dashboard website and filter by Low Stock. That doesn't solve this issue.

We (AKA my restaurant and many others that have requested this) need low stock and out of stock alerts on the POS.

Thank you.

Hello Helen!

Its been two years since your post here - are there any updates on this feature? As a cafe selling drinks and food we would find this immensely helpful since the low stock email alerts are absolutely useless to us during busy times! I'm sure a lot of other businesses can relate to that. An update would be much appreciated! 

Thanks!

Beta Member

@Helen Any update on this feature request. Seems like an absolute necessity for so many and Square has been considering it for years. And end of day stock alert email is not useful at all when the POS will allow you to sell out before receiving the email. At the very least, the low stock emails should be sent out immediately when the limit is reached and not only at the end of the day.

Alumni

@pysadmin Stepping in for Helen here. No there hasn't been any news regarding this FR yet. Sorry about that. Make sure you subscribe to this thread to be updated with the latest.

Looking for information on this as well.  I own a food truck and have limited inventory of certain items.  When we are in a rush it is hard to stop service and look to see how many of what we have sold and how many we have left.  A count down of sorts, or an alert on the screen when we hit our set alarm number.

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @rachelunionfood

Completely understand your need for this feature. I do not have an update for this one just yet. 

I would recommend following this thread and once there is more information, a Product Update will get created to announce when this has finally become available. 

Thank you! 

This would be a huge help for us as well as we don't have time to check emails during dinner rush that the stock is low. 

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @RichmondFarmBre -

Thank you for adding your voice to this Feature Request.

Once more information becomes available from our Product Team, a Community Moderator will post a Product Update. 

Beta Member

Kicking the can on this imperative function.  Our cashiers need to be able to see inventory without requiring elevated permissions to access 'Items.'