x

Inventory Tracking Question (when items shows not available but actually is...)

We use the Square barcode scanning and inventory tracker -- it's all volunteers and tough sometimes to keep up with inventory.  What happens when an item shows in Square that stock is at zero -- but it is actually available for purchase?  Will it still scan and ring up up or will it say item not available, too bad?  I worry it will end up frustrating for our workers if if won't allow them to scan...  This is a newer setup for us and hoping to get it running smoothly!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@blueacemom ;

Since you are asking if the item will Scan, I am assuming you mean at a Physical location.

For me if I have an item that Inventory shows 0, because when I made the item I did not Receive more of it, the item does Scan and a pop up says we are low or out of stock, do I want to add it to the cart anyway?

So the Item will scan but you will have an additional step of approving the out of stock item to the checkout cart.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3

Perfect, this is so helpful!  It's our school concessions so 100% in person -- so we track stock, but it's tough with so many small items to keep up!  I didn't want volunteers to end up frustrated because it wouldn't come up!  An extra step is better than no step:)  We're transitioning to scanning everything in but some people still just take cash and sell an item without it going into the system... Will be a process for sure.  Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3