x
Super Seller

Inventory by Event

Hi all! Is there a way to enter and manage inventory by event in Square and then 'close' that out to start a new one? For instance, my small business sells at a variety of farmer's markets now. What we're hoping to do is start each market with info in Square that tells the marketeer working the booth how much of each flavor they have (40 bottles of raspberry, 60 strawberry, 20 lavender earl grey, etc). We want the ability to track those sales throught the event, but then when the event ends and any leftover inventory is taken back to the kitchen and put back into the 'main' inventory, clear out what's in Square for that market. Then in 2 days when we have the next market we want to be able to add inventory for that event and repeat. Through reporting hopefully we can then look for trend information like which flavors sell best at which markets, which do better during which months, how many units are being sold per market per week, and whether we see more sales for daytime or evening events. We're still really new to Square so don't know if this is something we can use the tool for but we're hopeful. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

This is not currently possible. I frequently do events myself and have just compared by looking at sales reports for different dates manually. The dashboard app is pretty awesome! 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2