x

Inventory counting

I want to do a full count of my stores inventory. I understand I can scan an item or enter item name in my items list and then correct the count but what about items that are in my square for retail but I do not come across physically in my store to inventory.?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I am clarifying my previous post...... my point is, I need to have a report that can print out items that did not get inventoried so I can review those items and determine the status of them . Otherwise I cannot get a true inventory

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Great question, @Allie2 - I worked in retail for a long time and I'm all-too-familiar with the dreaded inventory counts! 😣

If you come across items that are in your Square for Retail Item Library but are not physically in your store, you could either mark these items as a Loss or a Theft (read more about how these adjustments affect your inventory here). Once you've marked the items properly, you'll be able to easily filter your COGS report to reflect just these items.

The COGS report includes sales, restocks, re-counts, losses, damages, and theft - you can filter this to see the information you're interested in. In your case, you can filter the report so that you only see your losses (or thefts, or both) - you'll also be able to see the total cost of your losses.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3