x

Inventory not updating from Square POS

I have inventory management set up on my Square Dashboard and have the tracking and alerts turned on for the items. When I make a sale on Square POS the inventory is not updating. Is there something we are doing wrong? 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to the Seller Community!

Was this only happening with certain items or your entire Item Library?

Each item within the item library needs to have the Inventory Management options turned on in order to track inventory. 

Can you provide an example of an item that was not tracking inventory correctly and walk through your setup steps? 

Message 2 of 17

It happened on multiple items. Inventory tracking was turned on for all items and we double checked that.

We followed the documentation in the inventory tracking article. 

Message 3 of 17

I see, we might need to walk through this with you to see if we can reproduce the issue. 

Reach out to our Support Team and we can have a closer look. 

Message 4 of 17

Checked it again today and it appears to be working.  Odd, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth! 

Message 5 of 17

Hi, 

I have the same issue with some items randomly not updating sometimes while it works most of the time. Also it seems to have gotten worse after creating an access code with restrictions to certain areas of the system like reports. 

Kindly assist / advise. Thanks

Message 6 of 17
Admin

Hey @sadiqwaliji-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Just to confirm, you're saying that when you sell an item on your Square POS system, the inventory isn't being updated? Do you have inventory tracking enabled for all your items? Let me know! 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 17

Hi Isabelle,

1. The inventory doesn’t get updated sometimes for some items randomly.

2. Yes, inventory tracking is enabled for all items and it works most of the time. However I noticed a few items don’t get updated randomly. 

I also noticed one item was showing 4 remaining yesterday and suddenly changed to 17 today. I had to do an inventory recount.

Kindly assist / advise.

Thanks,

Sadiq

Message 8 of 17
Admin

Hey @sadiqwalji-

Thanks for your reply and for the information.

I have not heard of this issue before, but it sounds like a huge inconvenience. I'd like you to give us a call so we can file a bug with our Engineering Team. 

We look forward to hearing from you and working towards a solution. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 9 of 17
Beta Member

Having this issue. It's a BIG problem since we sell online as well. Square Site adjusts inventory, Square Register does not.

Message 10 of 17

Has this issues been resolved?  I keep seeing the threads saying to call in  but then no solution has been posted.  I'm also having this issue.

Thanks.

Message 11 of 17

Not sorted - I am still having this issue of certain items not getting deducted. Am already considering other options. Thanks 

Message 12 of 17

Also having this issue. Very frustrating. 

Message 13 of 17
Alumni

Okay, What troubleshooting have you tried? @magicmannvt

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 17

I am having the problem. When I change the count due to "inventory recount," the new number does not show up. But if I go back in and try again, the previous quantity that's listed directly above the input box has what should be the correct count. From here it makes no difference whether I change it again or cancel. I can't get my new count listed with my items. This is happening with the only two items I have active in my store.

Message 15 of 17

Hi @FinleyK- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community. I see this is your first post here, so additionally, Welcome!👋

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with Inventory counts. It sounds like this is not behaving correctly indeed.

In order to best assist you with resolving this issue, please reach out directly to our Support Team. They will be able to take a look into your account and determine what settings may need to be edited. They will also be able to report this issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation if needed.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 17

Thank you. 

Message 17 of 17