x
Beta Member

Invoice Members and Give Them a Choice of Renewal Items

Our group has about 100 members and until now, all renewals have been with check or cash mailed to our P.O. Box.  I've been brought onto the Board so I can bring us into the 21st, or at least, the 20th century.   

I want to invoice all of our Members to renew their membership by Dec. 31 and I have items set up for each level of membership. 

Right now, I put all items on the invoice in its current form and it looks like the member is shorting us. So, can I create a drop-down menu of their choices?  Can I offer on the invoice each item and let them choose?  How do I offer the three levels of membership and let them choose which one to renew?  

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @MidPenRWF 

Welcome to the Seller Community.

In your situation of bringing other members up to date, and wanting to use the invoice to achieve this, you may find it best to use the estimate and invoice feature together.

The Invoice itself doesn't allow for you to add drop downs for them to choose from, however the estimates you can add multiple "packages" for them to see the different items/services offered with each one with Invoice Plus subscription. 

First thing is first would be setting up your items/services that you are offering with price/description etc, if you haven't already done so.

**Note, You can also create a service charge fee to help cover the cost of the Invoice Plus feature and or the fees.  To create and manage service charges go to Settings > Business > Service charges**

To get started, you can create your estimate, and then use that one as a template and  "duplicate" for each member.

You can do this from the dashboard by going to Invoices>Settings>Estimates

Add a Title for this Estimate, Something like "Member Renewal" and save.

Then Choose the Estimates>enter the member information and choose next.

You will then add your first "tier" with the items/services, and scroll down and choose "add package +" then create your second tier and so on until you have those all created.  

Once you are finished, you will go to the review screen and you can tick on the option to automatically convert to an invoice upon customer accepting a package

This should achieve what you are looking to do while still being able to offer the different' levels of membership,  Let me know if this will work for you or if you have any other questions. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @MidPenRWF 

Welcome to the Seller Community.

In your situation of bringing other members up to date, and wanting to use the invoice to achieve this, you may find it best to use the estimate and invoice feature together.

The Invoice itself doesn't allow for you to add drop downs for them to choose from, however the estimates you can add multiple "packages" for them to see the different items/services offered with each one with Invoice Plus subscription. 

First thing is first would be setting up your items/services that you are offering with price/description etc, if you haven't already done so.

**Note, You can also create a service charge fee to help cover the cost of the Invoice Plus feature and or the fees.  To create and manage service charges go to Settings > Business > Service charges**

To get started, you can create your estimate, and then use that one as a template and  "duplicate" for each member.

You can do this from the dashboard by going to Invoices>Settings>Estimates

Add a Title for this Estimate, Something like "Member Renewal" and save.

Then Choose the Estimates>enter the member information and choose next.

You will then add your first "tier" with the items/services, and scroll down and choose "add package +" then create your second tier and so on until you have those all created.  

Once you are finished, you will go to the review screen and you can tick on the option to automatically convert to an invoice upon customer accepting a package

This should achieve what you are looking to do while still being able to offer the different' levels of membership,  Let me know if this will work for you or if you have any other questions. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thank you for your extensive answer.  Going to Invoice Plus is not an option.  For an entire year, it's $240/year.  Our budget is so shoestring, it's a huge chunk from the Treasury and we have other options available to us for far less.  The Board with longtime members will simply have us do it the way it's been done for years.  

Message 3 of 3